turkey poop

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
willie

turkey poop

Post by willie »

ok be honest and tell what is the closest u have ever set up on turkey in the dark.for me i accidentally set against the tree he was roosting in.i got in there 1 hour before light and took a nap waiting for it to get light and u know what woke me up was STUFF falling out of tree and i first thought it was a coon moving around WRONG.it was what most guys do when they wake up and i don't mean #1. :pale:
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: turkey poop

Post by soiltester »

Sheet happens :LMAO:

And to a lot of other hunters also .. if that makes ya' feel better :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

You must not be a mouth breather when you snooze or just lucky............ :LMAO:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

I have never setup and got shat upon. Lol
I’ve been close but not that close.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
fountain

Post by fountain »

I set up one tree from a gobbler last spring in Florida. I heard something fall out and land beside me in the dark and didn't know what it was, until he gobbled at daylight. It almost landed on my right shoulder
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

This is an HONEST to goodness true story. I left work early one morning and drove 1-1/2 hours up to a spot in New York I hunt. I figured I'd better go to the bathroom (Tree) before I get dressed, as that was a ritual after several cups of coffee. As I squatted against a tree the birds begin to chirp and a gobbler sounds off in the very next tree over. Now remember the pants are around the ankles and white azz hangin out! Instead of waiting this game out like said, I slowly tried to pull my pants up everytime he faced away and gobbled. I got my pants all the way up and fastened and had to move just a little as not to sit in previously mentioned due to my legs severely cramping up by now. As my Azz cheeks hit the fresh earth a twig broke and he spun around and locked onto me like a jet fighter with his neck out stretched 3 feet trying to figure out what I was. Soon every bird in the area was putting and soon flew, never to be heard from again that morning. Everytime after that day all my buddies referred to that spot as "The Shitty Spot"
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

I got in the woods extra early one morning and had hens roosted all around me, but didn't know it. Just as it started getting light I heard was some close sweet tree talk, then all around me I got bombarded with the other kind of turkey nuggets. Must have been 8-10 hens up there. Nothing hit me, but it didn't miss me by much either. I learned it bounces if the pine straw is deep enough. Mr. Gobbler fired up about 35 to 40 yards in front of me, where I couldn't see him for the canopy. I was already notching the tag in my mind. After about 15 gobbles, Mr. Gobbler flew down to the fire break about 50 yards further out & the hens went right along with him. I never had a bird in range on the ground that day. Made me feel like what the hens left behind.

Jim
fountain

Post by fountain »

Fatmo, I did that too. Only difference was my bird wasn't as close.

I had went in the day before and raked a trail and land a board across a creek to get to this gobbler that was playing hard to get. I got in so early that I couldn't make out my board across the creek. I had to wait for a tiny bit of light to cross. When I got across, it hit me. I got my pants down and he gobbled about 50 yards in front of me. I just held still. When it came time to fly down..the dang thing flew straight over me into the grown up clear cut I had came from. By this time, my pain had gone away and I ran across my board in the creek and called the gobbler back and killed him

Return to “Gobbler Talk”