Box call muzzle

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Greenheadrocker

Box call muzzle

Post by Greenheadrocker »

Anybody know where to find the box call muzzles? NWTF used to push them some time ago. Coming up empty with a Google search. I'd like to pick up a couple of them.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Box call muzzle

Post by Turkinator »

Did you try midwest turkey calls?
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I used velcro cord wraps. Make a loop around the box, not including the paddle. Close the box. Use another wrap to make a strap going from the wrap already in place, over the paddle and connected on the other side to the first wrap. The result is a square figure eight sized to the box on the bottom and the paddle on the top. The loop side of the velcro will be to the wood. Fit it tightly. You can then slide the figure eight on and off.
Shellwaster

Post by Shellwaster »

howl wrote: March 18th, 2018, 8:43 am I used velcro cord wraps. Make a loop around the box, not including the paddle. Close the box. Use another wrap to make a strap going from the wrap already in place, over the paddle and connected on the other side to the first wrap. The result is a square figure eight sized to the box on the bottom and the paddle on the top. The loop side of the velcro will be to the wood. Fit it tightly. You can then slide the figure eight on and off.
What he said
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

This is what I use:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/primos- ... ncer-bands

I haven't had any issues. I do but it as close to the end of the box as possible so as not to rub off too much chalk.
When I set-up, I always chalk the lid so it doesn't really matter if the chalk rubs off a little.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

I've always used those nice wide blue rubber bands which come on a bunch of broccoli. I always have a few in my bag which stays in the vehicle and a couple of spares in my vest since they are also used to hold the sock on the head/neck of my turkey decoys. I found out a long time ago, that putting a sock on the head/neck of a high dollar decoy protects the paint and cuts back on repainting. If you lose a rubber band, you just eat more broccoli.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

decoykrvr wrote: March 18th, 2018, 4:34 pm I've always used those nice wide blue rubber bands which come on a bunch of broccoli. I always have a few in my bag which stays in the vehicle and a couple of spares in my vest since they are also used to hold the sock on the head/neck of my turkey decoys. I found out a long time ago, that putting a sock on the head/neck of a high dollar decoy protects the paint and cuts back on repainting. If you lose a rubber band, you just eat more broccoli.
What if you don't like broccoli :o
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Greenheadrocker

Post by Greenheadrocker »

Ok Velcro it is. Seems like it will work well. Thought about the skinny can goodies and just cutting the end out if them. But this should work just fine. Thanks
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

HunterGKS wrote: March 18th, 2018, 4:11 pm This is what I use:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/primos- ... ncer-bands

I haven't had any issues. I do but it as close to the end of the box as possible so as not to rub off too much chalk.
When I set-up, I always chalk the lid so it doesn't really matter if the chalk rubs off a little.
I use them also, they work good.
hootn

Post by hootn »

I use a old glove. I slide it on the end of the paddle, put the middle finger of glove into the end of it and shoot them the bird.
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

Camo hankie: corner under lid, wrap a couple times, fold in ends, then wrap on up....
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)
Dtrkyman

Post by Dtrkyman »

I put a piece of scotch brite pad in there and rubber band it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I've heard several people who I wished had a muzzle on their box call.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Spurhunter

Post by Spurhunter »

guesswho wrote: March 25th, 2018, 1:01 pm I've heard several people who I wished had a muzzle on their box call.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Broccoli rubber band and a piece of old camo hanky under the lid.
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member
ylpnfol

Post by ylpnfol »

guesswho wrote: March 25th, 2018, 1:01 pm I've heard several people who I wished had a muzzle on their box call.
:lol:
I used to use a Hillary 3 dollar bill ( that I got from who knows where )and the broccoli rubber band, til the bill [pardon the pun ] wore out, now I do the velcro thing.....
you never know, unless you go

David

Return to “Gobbler Talk”