Little bugger costing me more money.(made nationals)

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
southpaw

Little bugger costing me more money.(made nationals)

Post by southpaw »

I know this is mostly a shotgun site, but my boy has qualified for nationals with the bow. Not only is he costing me about a grand but I had to give up my vacation during turkey season. I now have to spend 12 hours in a very confined space with my wife and kids. I have about 7 weeks to prepare for it. Any info you can give that may help me keep my wife happy happy happy would great.

Here is hoping my boy gets his bird during the youth season and takes first in his division.

Is it wrong that I am getting alot of enjoyment from him doing so good? I am loving this!

Jerry Jr.
SwampDrummin

Re: Little bugger costing me more money.(made nationals)

Post by SwampDrummin »

It ain’t wrong, they’re what it’s all about. I wouldn’t trade it for all the turkey land in the world.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

I’ll add that sometimes ya just want to strangle the little bastards but that’s just part of it, lol. Congrats to your little one, encourage him to pursue his loves to the fullest and it’ll repay you tenfold
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

that is awesome! I hope he does well and your gonna be ok missing a little bit of hunting vacation time. This doesn't happen everyday, but you can hunt the rest of your life. hope to hear he smokes the competition
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Thanks guys!

I have shot many long beards but I have yet to see my boy shoot in the nationals. Without a doubt he is going to shoot in the national shoot. I can always make more money or shoot birds, but I will never be able to make this up. If he places first or last, he still shot with the best of the best! I am so proud!

BTW he is offering lessons. When he gets done teaching me you are next! LOL

Jerry Jr.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Enjoy it while you can. My daughter went to the Fastpitch Softball world series in Portland Oregon but before that we were travelling all over from April to August in tournaments at the time it was consuming and expensive and I missed a few hunts but I wouldn't trade it for anything ! Good luck to him and your family on his youth season and in the tourney !
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I may need the lessons after 25 years or so I just switched from a right hand bow to a left hand after surgeries can't pull it with the right arm anymore !
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Congrats and good luck! Overdrive or RBdigital audio book apps are great for road trips. Artemis Fowl, Mrs. Peregrine's, or Percy Jackson series might be good ones for the whole family depending on the ages of the kids. Basically any movie they watched that was based on a book.
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Congratulations & good luck to your son. Good for you for supporting him and allowing him to pursue his dreams. This experience could bring big changes to his life & may also give you plenty to brag on. I hope it works out for the best. Your time is the most important thing you can give a child.

timbrhuntr, sounds like you may be a candidate for a crossbow. I had a few shoulder surgeries that have prevented me from shooting my bows. A crossbow is a decent substitute, where you can still fulfill your bowhunting jones and get it done before the gun hunters hit the woods. I hope things work out good for you.

Jim
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Cut N Run wrote: March 16th, 2018, 3:40 pm
timbrhuntr, sounds like you may be a candidate for a crossbow. I had a few shoulder surgeries that have prevented me from shooting my bows. A crossbow is a decent substitute, where you can still fulfill your bowhunting jones and get it done before the gun hunters hit the woods. I hope things work out good for you.

Jim
Thanks being in Ontario I have had one for years but where I hunt archery in Montana you cant use one !

Return to “Gobbler Talk”