Recommendations for Public Land Merriam's hunting

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Recommendations for Public Land Merriam's hunting

Post by timbrhuntr »

If its unlimited why didn't I draw one and was told that I did not draw 3 years ago by their DNR. I also know of another guy that didn't get one for this year ???
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Apparently Im mistaken, but I was under the impression that that the only liimited tags were Plains tags in SD. Maybe its the archery tag that can be picked up last minute? I better look closely at the regs since I'll eventually hunt it.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

timbrhuntr wrote: March 15th, 2018, 3:16 pm If its unlimited why didn't I draw one and was told that I did not draw 3 years ago by their DNR. I also know of another guy that didn't get one for this year ???
Sure you arent thinking Prairie or Custer NP?

This is what I find on BH....

Turkey Season - Spring Black HillsSeason Dates
Start: Apr 14, 2018
End: May 20, 2018Online Application Dates
Start: Jan 18, 2018
End: May 20, 2018

Resident/Nonresident Black Hills Turkey ........................

No Deadline
License Eligibility: Residents and nonresidents are eligible. Licenses are available by application only through the GFP License Office in Fort Pierre. There is no application deadline. Applications may be submitted online or via mail through the end of the season, but please allow a minimum of 7-10 days for delivery of your license.
Individual License Quota: Nonresidents may purchase one BH1 license. Residents may have one BH1 license and one BH2 license (valid May 1-20). Either license may be purchased at any time.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Your are right i went back and checked and it was 15a i wanted which is a prairie unit that i didn't get drawn for not black hills but next to it.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

:thumbleft:
I've had a prarie tag just east of the black hills. I killed my first two Merriam's there.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”