Ice Ice Baby

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Ice Ice Baby

Post by HunterGKS »

This is what it looks like when you go from the high 60s 1 day to low 30s early the next morning. It is starting to warm up & the ice was melting from the trees as I took these pics at 10:00 A.M..

My east wind break.

Wild grapes that grow up the east side of my barn.

1 of my hazel nut trees.

A white maple.

A Washington Hawthorne Tree.

George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Ice Ice Baby

Post by soiltester »

Not wishin' bad on anyone, but glad it's not us :thumbup: At least yet anyway :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

That's the stuff that brings the power lines down, to cold here to rain, 58 below zero wind chill Tues. night and we have been near 10 above is all for the last 10 days. 7 below right now and probably 5 foot of snow on the level, been a bitch all winter to even get out of the house for a grocery run.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

Meanwhile, here in South MS it's in the upper 70's/low 80's,the oak trees are blooming, and the grass is greening up. It's way too early to be this warm here...
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Just got back from lunch & the ice is gone. I can now walk under the pine limbs that were on the ground earlier.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Grumpy wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm That's the stuff that brings the power lines down, to cold here to rain, 58 below zero wind chill Tues. night and we have been near 10 above is all for the last 10 days. 7 below right now and probably 5 foot of snow on the level, been a bitch all winter to even get out of the house for a grocery run.
Holly cow Grump .. hope yer' turkeys are hunkered down with the cattle in the feed lots and keepin' fed and warm!! ;)
With weather like that, it makes one wonder how they survive there at all :shock:

64 at 5am and 76 now here in the upstate of SC and warmer tomorrow .
Stuffs blossumin' and grass is gonna need cuttin' soon, so I guess I better get oil & blades changed on the mower :banghead:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Looks like Tshirt weather to me.

We've not been as cold as Grumpy, but I'm ready for a warm up.

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I am hoping they survive this cold, they have a huge forest of heavy pine trees everywhere in the mountains and a couple of huge stands only a shot flight or walk away. He feeds about 50 head in the corrals and they should manage on that spilled grain plus he feeds rolled out big round bales of barley and oats and both have plenty of heads full of grain in them.I imagine if they have the feed to make body warmth and the trees to get out of the wind they should do fine, I guess I'll find out the second Saturday of April. It has warmed up to 7 above now, the predicted high for today but tomorrow the forecast says a bad mofo blizzard coming in from the Rocky Mountain front starting over there around 6 am. and moving east to central Mont. we are about 200 miles east of the Rocky Mountain front so as sure as God made little green apples we will be getting blasted again. 4 straight months of this crap is enough to drive a guy goofy, it could last through most of March too.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Much thicker ice and it would have made things a lot worse. I just don't see how those living in colder climates stand it as long as they do. I'm ready for April to hurry up and get here! We had temps in the low 70s here in central N.C. today with a similar forecast tomorrow. I'm taking tomorrow off work to take my kayak out fishing. It hasn't been on the water since November and it is thirsty these days, hanging up near the ceiling of my garage.

Every day gets closer to turkey season.

Jim
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Grumpy wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm That's the stuff that brings the power lines down, to cold here to rain, 58 below zero wind chill Tues. night and we have been near 10 above is all for the last 10 days. 7 below right now and probably 5 foot of snow on the level, been a bitch all winter to even get out of the house for a grocery run.
NO WONDER YOUR GRUMPY. HELL I WOULD BE TO. Damn that’s cold 😂😂
Last edited by OLE RASPY on February 22nd, 2018, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

George I thought you had joined that band at first with your head line. 😂😂😂

Hope it all melts and gives no trouble 👍🏻
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Tpatt

Post by Tpatt »

2 weeks ago the pines in the back yard looked like that. Today the grass is greening up, trees are starting to bud out. Was able to ride the motorcycle today in blue jeans and tee shirt.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

That looks nice. It's been in the 80s down here. Our Spring is a month early. Ticks are going to be extra bad this year.
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

Was the Rover Pipeline damaged in any way?
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

74 degrees in the Carolinas. Glad I do not have to deAl with ICE ICE Baby. I can not want until turkey season.
Mike

Return to “Gobbler Talk”