Relived some of my childhood tonight

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
sportrep

Re: Relived some of my childhood tonight

Post by sportrep »

mine was a 67 rally sport camaro, with the hide away headlights, and a 375horse 327. White with black top and interior. I totaled it before I got a driver’s license. 3 local police, 2 county cars and a state trooper pulled up on me after I didn’t make a turn. I have always regretted wrecking that car. I have always been grateful to the state trooper who took control, wrote me 5 tickets, let me walk home (instead of jail), and dropped everything but $80 worth at court time. I never forgot it, and I never tried to be Mario Andretti again.
"Every time I get a dose of stinkin thinking, all I need is a check up from the neck up." Zig Ziegler...
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Oh Yea, you're speakin my language now. I think my all time favorite was a 69 RS, 454 Big block, built to the hilt. Never happened though, but one can dream!!! :lol: Loved those hide aways on those. Still wish to do one these days, til I realize how much better the newer cars handle.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Relived some of my childhood tonight

Post by Hoobilly »

drenalinld wrote:

For long term longevity head studs and egr system delete is a must. The 06' and 07's actually had a really low warranty rates but the damage was done with the 03-05' failures.
I plan on buying studs and delete kit. Bought this 6.0 with a stuck open #5 injector. Buddy brought his Ford diagnostics and comp screen and checked it out. Confirmed injector problem and had tsb bulletins for hard start and clear up white smoke issue at idle. All cylinders were solid green. He said so the studs one at a time and I wouldn’t have to take heads off and change gaskets. For the mileage it’s been taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

Just remember ole' grumpster...........you can out run the car, but you can't out run Motorola!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

Shooter wrote: October 26th, 2017, 10:48 pm Oh Yea, you're speakin my language now. I think my all time favorite was a 69 RS, 454 Big block, built to the hilt. Never happened though, but one can dream!!! :lol: Loved those hide aways on those. Still wish to do one these days, til I realize how much better the newer cars handle.
Agree, those 67 - 69' SS/RS big blocks were my favorite but agree even more when I drive one of those generation cars and trucks now I lose interest quick. New vehicles ride and drive so much better.
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

hoobilly wrote: October 26th, 2017, 11:11 pm
drenalinld wrote:

For long term longevity head studs and egr system delete is a must. The 06' and 07's actually had a really low warranty rates but the damage was done with the 03-05' failures.
I plan on buying studs and delete kit. Bought this 6.0 with a stuck open #5 injector. Buddy brought his Ford diagnostics and comp screen and checked it out. Confirmed injector problem and had tsb bulletins for hard start and clear up white smoke issue at idle. All cylinders were solid green. He said so the studs one at a time and I wouldn’t have to take heads off and change gaskets. For the mileage it’s been taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've read mixed results for swapping to studs without pulling heads. It's worth a shot since the studs are not that expensive and the worst that can happen is have to pull the heads, machine them flat, replace head gaskets and put in new studs. If the other works for a few years, you win.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”