Pretty good picture

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Pretty good picture

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

One of my good hunting buddies and friends from home leases a bunch in Nebraska. He has a covert camera that sends pics to his phone, and he got this.

Few years back in SD my favorite stretch of river bottom had 3 calves killed by one the week before. Me: oh look sun's coming up another cup of coffee never killed anyone
7192.png
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Pretty good picture

Post by guesswho »

That will be on GON before the day is over, claiming it was taken in every county in Georgia.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

guesswho wrote: September 25th, 2017, 12:14 pm That will be on GON before the day is over, claiming it was taken in every county in Georgia.
Lol same here. I spend more time on the road scouting fowl and turkey but never seen one, while everyone else has. They are rampant here lol

Well I did, I think but in Oklahoma. Scouting one night. Something crossed in front of the truck like nothing I've ever seen. Looked at sal and said u see that, her look :shock: asked rancher and a.hand saw one a few days prior. I know what I seen, but didn't wanna be that guy lol

Photo is legit though nc Nebraska and one of my closest friends
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

This spring while hunting in Nebraska I stopped and talked to a Game and Fish worker. He had some trail cameras and told me that a big male lion had killed a big horn ram about 3 miles south of where I was hunting. They were going to put the cams on the carcass to see if they could get any pics. He said keep your head up because he was hunting in the area and was a big one by his paw prints.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I have only seen one in Montana once, it ran off and cleared a 4 strand barb wire fence like a full grown whitetail deer.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

several years ago i was waiting to hear that first gobble to pinpoint where I needed to be..
heard a coyote sound like 2 of them fighting over food. Then the coyote turned to yelping and I heard a snarl.
That snarl turned into a big cat moan and could hear it roar while it was latched onto the coyote.

That coyote yelped so loud my hair stood out straight on my head and neck. It kept yelping and slowly the yelping got weaker and then just faded out. I loaded my Ithaca 20ga and called my cousin Bobby to have him pick me up at the next road. Cause there was no way I was walking back across that field to my truck after hearing all that ruckus. Skeered me good it did. I have never seen a big cat in northern Indiana.. but that made me a believer
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

hoobilly wrote: September 25th, 2017, 9:25 pm several years ago i was waiting to hear that first gobble to pinpoint where I needed to be..
heard a coyote sound like 2 of them fighting over food. Then the coyote turned to yelping and I heard a snarl.
That snarl turned into a big cat moan and could hear it roar while it was latched onto the coyote.

That coyote yelped so loud my hair stood out straight on my head and neck. It kept yelping and slowly the yelping got weaker and then just faded out. I loaded my Ithaca 20ga and called my cousin Bobby to have him pick me up at the next road. Cause there was no way I was walking back across that field to my truck after hearing all that ruckus. Skeered me good it did. I have never seen a big cat in northern Indiana.. but that made me a believer
Awwwwww that was somebody with a e-caller imitating. 😂
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
crenshawco

Post by crenshawco »

That's a big arse kitty. Y'all keep them up there
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

OLE RASPY wrote: September 25th, 2017, 9:54 pm
hoobilly wrote: September 25th, 2017, 9:25 pm several years ago i was waiting to hear that first gobble to pinpoint where I needed to be..

Awwwwww that was somebody with a e-caller imitating. 😂
I wish! that would've been funny!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!!! :lol:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”