Dave Smith Turkey decoys "ACE"

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Fatmo

Dave Smith Turkey decoys "ACE"

Post by Fatmo »

Are these decoys made of foam or polyethylene? They look like they are foam to me but in one of the videos the guy shoots it and they rattle inside???? How durable are they? I know they look outstanding! :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Fl strutter

Re: Dave Smith Turkey decoys "ACE"

Post by Fl strutter »

I'd say they are pretty durable if still looks new after getting shot at 12 yards with a Hevi #6.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

They feel soft but are of a hard flexible rubber type and sure are tough. Defintely great quality!!
My hen I have, sure is, after takin' 2 different sessions, of mountin' and knockin' over and rode hard for a few hours total :o
Oh, and the white deposit left behind, comes off easily with water and the paint doesn't fade or stain :thumbup: :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
hookspur

Post by hookspur »

And as Charlie (soiltester) can attest, they can take the proverbial beating from either tom or hen alike without the paint wearing off!
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Best money you will ever spend Fatmo ! Get them ! :struttin:
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Thanks guy's I'm was wanting to buy a decoy for my western trip next spring. Enough said DSD it is! Thanks again for the input.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Fatmo wrote: September 22nd, 2017, 10:14 am Thanks guy's I'm was wanting to buy a decoy for my western trip next spring. Enough said DSD it is! Thanks again for the input.
I'm taking my DSD hen to Mexico this next spring, after all the turkeys there last year.. both hen's & tom's, never went that wild and some were quite shy of my Wally World ole' collapsible $9 feather flex type hen :banghead:
I want to see what a Gould's does with a top notch eastern decoy :lol:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Don't use decoys that much, unless hunting with kids or Iowa. Never had a good decoy, I ordered a DSD Jake today from Rogers Sporting goods.
decoykrvr

Post by decoykrvr »

Check out the Deception Decoys turkeys. Real nice fellows and the decoys are hand-made in Kansas. I just got an order of Sandhill Crane decoys from them which look better than stuffers and are a lot easier to handle and store.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”