New Toy

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: New Toy

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Football day quick meal on 22. Bacon, toast ciattaba buns seared ham, put under broiler sear habenero cheese, store bought Mac salad and pickles.
IMG_20180929_213937.jpg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms in Alfredo sauce for an hour. Threw Cajun spicened bay scallops and tiger shrimp on the blackstone, served over three cheese tortellini.
IMG_20180930_211310.jpg
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

man that shrimp looks delicious!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

This thread caused me to break down and buy a 28” Blackstone with a hard cover yesterday. It will be here 12/19 and I’m lookkmg very forward to cooking on it!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

BrowningGuy88 wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 8:21 am This thread caused me to break down and buy a 28” Blackstone with a hard cover yesterday. It will be here 12/19 and I’m lookkmg very forward to cooking on it!
Awesome happy to hear, you'll love it, you have any questions feel free to ask. If your on Facebook b a mod on a great blackstone grouo
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Well glad this came back to life.
I haven’t used mine in a while.
Fired it up last night and grilled some deer steaks.
I took hind quarter and cut some good size medallion steaks out of it. Soaked and got all blood out and rolled in brown sugar and wrapped in bacon. It was goooood.
A19FD1D2-2709-4557-8757-D27CD9E21A26.jpeg
3EDDDD1A-9A69-4E27-999F-230341BE7A6C.jpeg
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

OLE RASPY wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 9:44 am Well glad this came back to life.
I took hind quarter and cut some good size medallion steaks out of it. Soaked and got all blood out and rolled in brown sugar and wrapped in bacon. It was goooood.
A19FD1D2-2709-4557-8757-D27CD9E21A26.jpeg3EDDDD1A-9A69-4E27-999F-230341BE7A6C.jpeg
Looks great. I haven't been using mine too cold. I'm dieing to use it,ay bring 17 inside and insure I have ventilation.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

OLE RASPY wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 9:44 am Well glad this came back to life.
A19FD1D2-2709-4557-8757-D27CD9E21A26.jpeg3EDDDD1A-9A69-4E27-999F-230341BE7A6C.jpeg
oh man that looks delicious!!!!

dsunday

Post by dsunday »

Fresh deer steaks on my blackstone are amazing!
"Never trust what you quote from the internet" -Abe Lincoln
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Got the 28" in last night and put together. Hopefully get it seasoned up tonight and cook some breakfast for supper!
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Got the 28 washed down and seasoned with 5 rounds of Crisco oil last night. Took about 45 minutes and got a nice black season.

Then threw on a bag of frozen hash browns, 2 pounds of bacon, fried some eggs, and made pancakes.

I should have brought one of these years ago! I cook breakfast every Sunday morning for the family and I really don't see myself ever cooking inside again unless the weather is just too nasty.

The rear grease management system is absolutely awesome. Easy to manage heat, grease, and cook space. At one point, I had a bag of shredded hash browns, a pound of bacon and four eggs frying all at the same time. That would have been 3 skillets in the house.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

BrowningGuy88 wrote: December 12th, 2018, 5:47 am Got the 28 washed down and seasoned with 5 rounds of Crisco oil last night. Took about 45 minutes and got a nice black season.

Then threw on a bag of frozen hash browns, 2 pounds of bacon, fried some eggs, and made pancakes.

I should have brought one of these years ago! I cook breakfast every Sunday morning for the family and I really don't see myself ever cooking inside again unless the weather is just too nasty.

The rear grease management system is absolutely awesome. Easy to manage heat, grease, and cook space. At one point, I had a bag of shredded hash browns, a pound of bacon and four eggs frying all at the same time. That would have been 3 skillets in the house.
Sorry meant to get back was bouncing down a dirt road, can't type, forgot. Glad you like it. It's an amazing tool to have
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Hey no big deal! I figured it out.
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Threw on two chuck eye steaks, green beans, and sweet onions last night in olive oil. Steaks were phenomenal. Green beans I could take or leave, but I think they just needed more seasoning and maybe a spritzing of vinegar while cooking.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

BrowningGuy88 wrote: December 13th, 2018, 6:36 am Threw on two chuck eye steaks, green beans, and sweet onions last night in olive oil. Steaks were phenomenal. Green beans I could take or leave, but I think they just needed more seasoning and maybe a spritzing of vinegar while cooking.
Chuck eye is my favorite cut cost vs value. We have a market with awesome ones, when they have them. I'll buy every pack they have, perfect size as we are not big eaters. Theirs only two on a cow, I forget what rib their cut from

They call it the "butchers cut" as that's what they would take home. I think I figured out this week my meat market, Chuck eyes are always stashed behind a row of Ribeyes hmmm? Hoping they last, till closing, maybe. On to their shenanigans now. But my super hot butcher sees me she always takes me to them.
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

These were the first chuck eyes I’d ever cooked, but they will be a buy every one they have item from now on.
Sir-diealot

Post by Sir-diealot »

Looks great, but I don't know that I could ever give up wood and charcoal, they make everything taste better, except beetles, you need propane for beetles.
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Guess blackstone ain’t cool no more. Lol.
Used mine this evening. Grilled burgers with bacon and mayonnaise added to meat. It was good.
DE4A39CF-A36D-4EE0-96B4-1884E9E632A6.jpeg
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

Hey I cooked breakfast on mine yesterday and today! French toast and Jimmie Dean yesterday and pancakes and Conecuh today.

I use it several times a week.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

BrowningGuy88 wrote: May 26th, 2019, 10:17 pm Hey I cooked breakfast on mine yesterday and today! French toast and Jimmie Dean yesterday and pancakes and Conecuh today.

I use it several times a week.
Conecuh is gooder sausage!

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Dad gum here we go again it's getting nice finally broke out stones . Cooking means more to me than hunting anymore. Had friends over fajitas and tacos, hamburger steak sauteed with onions sweet peppers queso, hot and mild taco sauce, sour cream, guacamole, black olives, Sasla , cheese tomatoestaco ranch and Spanish rice I may have forgot things.Had our best friends and families over awesome

Pic sucks love sour cream and queso to much
Attachments
KIMG0151-01.jpeg
KIMG0156-01.jpeg
KIMG0156-01.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Last night did seafood Alfredo sal can do Alfredo sauce only thing I know sauce simmers I mushrooms and onions for 2 hrs. I did blackened shrimp scallops and sausage on Blackstone couldn't find andouille so we did mango habanero and it was awesome.
KIMG0171-02.jpeg
Attachments
5496-01.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Then today pork steak on stone, 2 Gringo's chucacabra seasoned and garlic and herb corn on stone twice baked bacon chive taters in oven 2 gringos is a go to from meat to veggies to bbq it's legit
5577-01.jpeg
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Turned one of my friends into a stoner on fajita night. He was Hawking over me told him to cook I wanted see how easy. Took his wife aside and whispered father's day, she's like OMG. Get call from him yesterday would you buy 22 or 28 lol he bought 22
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

So fired up 17. We have a fruit market has an amazing bourbon glaze, marinated NY strips in it. Sal went to work on Bella's scraping insides mincing throwing in butter onions, cheese, garlic butter and Worcestershire. Simmered. Then moved to blackstone covered by foil pan. Covered in cheese and scallions, when finished drizzled with st el mos steak sauce which is awesome. Cold shrimp and st Elmo's cocktail it's amazing horeseradish on steroids.
5597-01.jpeg
5608-01.jpeg

Return to “Gobbler Talk”