Small world we live in

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Small world we live in

Post by Shooter »

Talkin with Brice earlier today.
Seems we were in the same small place together, before we even knew each other or knew that we were into turkey hunting.
Yep, Dale Earnhardt's last win in Talladega. We were there. He was in the front stands, and I was in the pits, and infield on top of a motorhome during the last few unforgettable laps into greatness! Weird Huh???

Anybody else there for that memorable day?
Fatmo

Re: Small world we live in

Post by Fatmo »

Never been to Dega. I was at Daytona when Dale passed! Used to go to a lot of Nascar races upto about 2006, now we just go to sprintcar races and eat alittle dirt.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Fatmo wrote: July 18th, 2017, 1:55 pm Never been to Dega. I was at Daytona when Dale passed! Used to go to a lot of Nascar races upto about 2006, now we just go to sprintcar races and eat alittle dirt.
TriOval Towers is about the best seats in the country.. unless your in the drivers seat. :LMAO:

You can see the whole complete track from them seats.

I was there for Dales last win (datona spring race he died)

the next fall race at Dega was won by Little E.. not one caution the entire race.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

hoobilly wrote: July 18th, 2017, 1:58 pm
Fatmo wrote: July 18th, 2017, 1:55 pm Never been to Dega. I was at Daytona when Dale passed! Used to go to a lot of Nascar races upto about 2006, now we just go to sprintcar races and eat alittle dirt.
TriOval Towers is about the best seats in the country.. unless your in the drivers seat. :LMAO:

You can see the whole complete track from them seats.

I was there for Dales last win (datona spring race he died)

the next fall race at Dega was won by Little E.. not one caution the entire race.
Haven't been to a race at Talladega, but I drove the M & M's Ford there on January 20, 2008 in the Dale Jarrett driving school!!! The feeling is unreal you get at 171.1 MPH!!! The cars were only suppose to go 170 MPH, so I got out of it all it would do!!!! :toothy7:
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

2Shooter wrote: July 18th, 2017, 6:05 pm
Haven't been to a race at Talladega, but I drove the M & M's Ford there on January 20, 2008 in the Dale Jarrett driving school!!! The feeling is unreal you get at 171.1 MPH!!! The cars were only suppose to go 170 MPH, so I got out of it all it would do!!!! :toothy7:
I aint been on a race track.. but I have taken a Trans Am GTAto 142 mph a 97 Cobra to 160 mph and a Vmax to 130

the Vmax of course had more, but thats all I wanted out of it lol

the Cobra felt like it had 20mph left in it when I let off the throttle

looking back at all that... I was a idiot :slap:

Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I think my tickets were section 345 row 14 start / finish (Not as good as yours Hoobilly. I was at the shot show one year and went out to the track in Vegas and did the Richard Petty driving school 162mph. I also drove my truck around the track at Dover on Monday after the race. I told them I made wrong turn and the asked me to leave now.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Fatmo wrote: July 18th, 2017, 6:21 pm I think my tickets were section 345 row 14 start / finish (Not as good as yours Hoobilly. I was at the shot show one year and went out to the track in Vegas and did the Richard Petty driving school 162mph. I also drove my truck around the track at Dover on Monday after the race. I told them I made wrong turn and the asked me to leave now.
:LMAO:

thats hilarious!

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

gould_getter wrote: July 18th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Been to Dega a long time ago. Never drove on a NASCAR track, but did pass a highway patrol one night, in a friend's 1996 Camaro SS at around 170 mph. The speedo had been pegged at 165 for about a mile and a half, and it was still pulling.
[/quote]

:o

we had a convoy of cars driving almost 100 heading north through Arkansas

rolling hills passed a super trooper who hit his lights. when we crested the next lil hill he was still sitting there and had shut his lights back off
:LMAO: so many tickets to write.. i guess he didn't like doing paperwork

2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

Dang Brice, Kevin is going to have the Police everywhere looking for you!!! Steve :LMAO:
hootn

Post by hootn »

I'm about to head to Talladega in a few minutes. I'm working out of there right now. Not the track, but the railroad

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

hootn wrote: July 19th, 2017, 10:30 pm I'm about to head to Talladega in a few minutes. I'm working out of there right now. Not the track, but the railroad

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I had a scrap yard in Eastaboga for a few years. Done some turkey hunting back then there. Actually my first turkey hunting was in Bama. Had no clue what to do lol

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

2Shooter wrote: July 19th, 2017, 6:21 am Dang Brice, Kevin is going to have the Police everywhere looking for you!!! Steve :LMAO:
I should have said I "allegedly" did those things

2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

hoobilly wrote: July 19th, 2017, 11:43 pm
2Shooter wrote: July 19th, 2017, 6:21 am Dang Brice, Kevin is going to have the Police everywhere looking for you!!! Steve :LMAO:
I should have said I "allegedly" did those things
Yep :thumbup:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”