What a way to end season

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

What a way to end season

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

What away to end season. Those of you that are friends with me on Facebook know the story, and thank you from the heart for well wishes.

I had "Mikey Miller the Turkey Killer," up. He used to post on the boards and long time forum members would agree he is one of if not the best in the country. He is simply a machine.

So Mike got up here, we are fortunate to have more ground then we can hunt. We showed him most of it and went back to the house. That's where I don't remember anything, I remember falling out of a barstool backwards and an ambulance ride. If it were not for Sally and Mike persistence I'd a died in my sleep, .I was bleeding internally and down to 4 units of blood. I am told, I was tearing stuff out and off me saying I needed to hunt in the morning. But they gave me some heavy duty dose of adivan. So I layed in the bed for 4 days. I believe I have some memory loss,.Praise be to God for making it not my last spring.

So on to the good stuff. Mike made short work of a bird and the film is great and will air on the Commander Life. He even had the audacity to say our birds are easy. I'll garhole him now!!

So if you know Mike he loves trout fishing. I only have a pic of my catch, and a baby we found. I live on a blue ribbon brookie stream and ma and dad operated a pay per fish trout pond growing up, ya aint had mikes trout, ya aint lived.

So we had tickets for Aldean on June 1. Told Mike he said give yours away I'll make a call as Mike films him for Buck Commander. His wife Kelly flew in and what took place I will never top at a concert. VIP All Access... It was us the band for 2 hrs and an hour after the show watching the NBA finals.

I cannot even express how nice he and his wife are.He even mixed me a drink, more down to earth you'd ever imagine...

So it was quite the way to end season!!! Rather not spend the tail end of season in a hospital bed, but he has a plan. God willing I'll see 2018!!!
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: What a way to end season

Post by vaturkey »

Great pics Tom ! Glad your feeling better ! :thumbup:
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Fantastic! Glad you're doing well, sounded pretty serious. So what's the deal with Mike's shirt...does he not wash it during the season, or throughout the life of the shirt? I've always wondered.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Waddle Whacker wrote:Fantastic! Glad you're doing well, sounded pretty serious. So what's the deal with Mike's shirt...does he not wash it during the season, or throughout the life of the shirt? I've always wondered.
No wash at all period, finally starting to rip and we may bury him when it dies. Outta see folks in Nashville when he wears it on Saturday. :lol:

And Thank You it's made me realize alot and what I have to be thankful for.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

if he thinks your turkeys are easy... ours are easier. :LMAO:

glad a serious situation had the right people with you at the right time.

funny how things like that work out.

glad your all better and Lord willing we all will be tearing feathers in 18
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

dang byle, sorry for the misfortune and praise be for the good fortune. hope you have a full recovery.
El Sicario
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote:
glad your all better and Lord willing we all will be tearing feathers in 18
If anything this was a wake up to that, I cry every time I think. But I have my faith and I am sure they gobble better up there and he choose fo me to hunt the big roost,well...

Aint toted a gun but 20 minutes in 3 years and crawled an missed in 15 at 25 looked at my first gun a 410 laughed and aint carried since. I may go crazy in 18. We'll see.. Hopefully travel,probably just film and have always loved watching friends, family, kids shoot. That or yack em up for catch an release.

Blessed to be out there everyday for 40+ mornings. Truly love it.
Last edited by ICDEDTURKES on July 9th, 2017, 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

appalachianassassin wrote:dang byle, sorry for the misfortune and praise be for the good fortune. hope you have a full recovery.
Thanks. For the well wishes
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I'm happy to hear you are OK.
I'm glad we know each other. Your one of the Best(irritating) people I know.

Your Friend Doug :thumbup:
fountain

Post by fountain »

I met Mike in Nashville this year and talked to him for a spell. Nice guy. Did you talk him into joining here and sharing spring pics?
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

So happy you pulled through. So thrilled to know you have a close personal relationship with God.God be with you my Brother.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

fountain wrote:I met Mike in Nashville this year and talked to him for a spell. Nice guy. Did you talk him into joining here and sharing spring pics?

I think he got sick of forum drama. Plus I'm not sure he has internet, he has a flipper yet.

He's maxed out on book face but never ever posts. Most people look for social media attention, Mike runs from it. Very humble
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

redarrow wrote:So happy you pulled through. So thrilled to know you have a close personal relationship with God.God be with you my Brother.
Hit a really rough patch few years ago. Woke up one Sunday said sal I'm going, she thought I would back out. Walked through the doors thinking the church would fall down and it didn't. It was almost as if the message was tailored for me that morning. It's really helped.

I've got alot to learn and boy when I get there in am probably gonna back the line up explaining, but faiths helped me so much.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Happy to hear you'll be out there for next season and pulled through this "bump", in your ride of your life :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing the stories and pics. of great times with friends !! :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

redarrow wrote:So happy you pulled through. So thrilled to know you have a close personal relationship with God.God be with you my Brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:
Hit a really rough patch few years ago. Woke up one Sunday said sal I'm going, she thought I would back out. Walked through the doors thinking the church would fall down and it didn't. It was almost as if the message was tailored for me that morning. It's really helped.

I've got alot to learn and boy when I get there in am probably gonna back the line up explaining, but faiths helped me so much.

gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

Shout to ya from Michigan - just want echo Redarrow's reply. I can relate - thankfully he's a loving father! God willing he allows to get after them in 2018

Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

ICDEDTURKES wrote: No wash at all period, finally starting to rip and we may bury him when it dies. Outta see folks in Nashville when he wears it on Saturday. :lol:
:lol: I thought so! I bet it smells amazing. I'd still love to hunt with the guy, despite the smell.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Waddle Whacker wrote:
ICDEDTURKES wrote: No wash at all period, finally starting to rip and we may bury him when it dies. Outta see folks in Nashville when he wears it on Saturday. :lol:
:lol: I thought so! I bet it smells amazing. I'd still love to hunt with the guy, despite the smell.
Crap saw its realtee he normally where's bottom land, must be this year's shirt
fountain

Post by fountain »

Yep..realtree. I asked about his year recap post he typically does on og. They changed sponsors to realtree last spring. I believe that's the second spring on that shirt. It looked rough in Nashville.
Glad you faired well from your fall.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

gobblerchsr wrote:Shout to ya from Michigan - just want echo Redarrow's reply. I can relate - thankfully he's a loving father! God willing he allows to get after them in 2018

What's South Central to you? As anything south of 10 is Detroit to me, lol. Hunted Montcalm for a number a years calling for folks. Awesome hunting down there. Farms I hunted nothing to hear20
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

I am in the Lansing area......there is some good hunting down here but can only hunt private property in May. In Michigan I hunt Menominee county in the U.P. I travel out of state in April a lot. I know there is some great hunting around you guys. Used to have a cottage west of Clare.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:

I'm thankful We have a God who specializes in the rough times! :angel4:
gobblerchsr

Post by gobblerchsr »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
What's South Central to you? As anything south of 10 is Detroit to me, lol. Hunted Montcalm for a number a years calling for folks. Awesome hunting down there. Farms I hunted nothing to hear20[/quote]

I know what you mean....my buddy from the UP says anything south of da bridge is Detroit to him! Thankfully I'm far enough away from there.....
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

gobblerchsr wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what you mean....my buddy from the UP says anything south of da bridge is Detroit to him! Thankfully I'm far enough away from there.....[/quote]

Lol folks come here think there in the wild west, I go to da yoop and get the same feeling.

Saw today on the news we got voted "best state to live in"

Return to “Gobbler Talk”