what part of your body

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
willie

what part of your body

Post by willie »

as we get older we start to have body pains etc. if you could click your finger what part of your body would you want to be like it was when you were 18.i will start this off as i would like to have a new back.i have had 2 operations and they removed bones from 4 disk in my neck (they took the back of my spine out (left the sides and front) my muscles protect my spinal cord from the rear.if you tap the back of my neck if sends shock thru my whole body. :shock:
coconut

Re: what part of your body

Post by coconut »

Shoulder. Rotator cuff issue.
HuntnMa
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HuntnMa »

my back
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

If we are only talking about stuff that the little blue pills can't fix then I guess it would be my back. :)
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Even though I've had surgeries on both shoulders(right one twice),both elbows(left one twice), both hands, ,right knee, left ankle and my nose they all feel great. I'd like to have my 18 year old eyes back. I can still see like a young eagle except from about 20" and in. Inside that distance and Grumpy looks like a handsome young man in his avatar, not that I find men attractive.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Eye sight,hearing,arthritis in my hands,back,knees. Good grief when did I start falling apart. I reckon I would really like my eyesight back first.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

Hearing
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Eye's and Knee's
swampchicken

Post by swampchicken »

Back and hearing if I could choose 2.
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

Low back pain has ruined my life. It forced me into retirement at 62 and I had hoped to actively work into my 70s. I have many other health issues, but fixing my back would be my first choice.
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

As a moderator, I feel it's my duty to step in here. I am far from being in perfect health, but listening to you all and your issues..............I think it's only fair to start a new GERIATRIC FORUM for all you OLD FARTS.............BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You all know I LOVE YA................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

Whatever it was that made hangover recoveries so much faster.
misfire

Post by misfire »

Somehow I have developed tennis elbow, aint never played that stupid game. But it started hurtin back in March and still hasn't recovered. Sucks getting old as things darned sure don't heal like they used too
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Back. Lower back. It's gonna put me down for good one day when I get old.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Tough one to choose from multiple choices, but has to be the hips, especially right one.
ImageImageImage
ole5beards

Post by ole5beards »

My Hearing! In my late 30's and I wished I would have listened when others told me to protect my ears from all those years of shooting. I can hear and I still hear better than others but both ears constantly ring now, right worse than my left. I can hear a turkey drumming on the ground over 150 yards away, but I can't hear the damn beeper on my kids thermometer!
Pass the biscuits!!
ole5beards

Post by ole5beards »

Stinky J Picklestein wrote:Whatever it was that made hangover recoveries so much faster.

Yeah that's still around today, Hair of the Dog!
Pass the biscuits!!
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

I don't know where to start ,I can't hear my backs shot my shoulder aches as bad as a rotten tooth
and my knees are gone ,

But if I can only fix one it would be my back ,sometimes after a hung up gobbler I have the weeds all wallerd down in a ten foot circle just trying to get up .
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Tough call between shoulders and hearing.
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

ole5beards wrote:My Hearing! In my late 30's and I wished I would have listened when others told me to protect my ears from all those years of shooting. I can hear and I still hear better than others but both ears constantly ring now, right worse than my left. I can hear a turkey drumming on the ground over 150 yards away, but I can't hear the damn beeper on my kids thermometer!
I have the same problem for the same reasons. cant hear the drumming though.
El Sicario
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

It would be my eyes, followed closely by my feet.
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun
ole5beards

Post by ole5beards »

appalachianassassin wrote:
ole5beards wrote:My Hearing! In my late 30's and I wished I would have listened when others told me to protect my ears from all those years of shooting. I can hear and I still hear better than others but both ears constantly ring now, right worse than my left. I can hear a turkey drumming on the ground over 150 yards away, but I can't hear the damn beeper on my kids thermometer!
Man that sucks! Have you ever been able to hear it? When I was 25 I killed a hog with a friend of mines rifle. It was a browning .300 win mag. I made a bad shot on the boar and had to shoot him a 2nd time. I'll never forget after that first shot my right ear immediately began ringing, loudly. I literally tried to make one of my gloves an earplug before that 2nd and final shot, and I couldn't make it work so I shot, but before pulling the trigger I told myself I'm gonna regret this! A week later the ringing was still there and still just as loud. My ENT DR is a big hunter, and I went in to see him told him what happened and my ears are still ringing to this day! He told me then that it won't get any better and would get worse if I didn't start using ear protection. I remember thinking at first that this wasn't that bad and I could live with it, and then the thought hit me that one day might come and I wouldn't be able to hear not only a turkey gobbling but him drumming! Scared the chit out of me and after leaving his office I went and bought my 1st pair of walkers ear muffs! I literally remember thinking gobbling is a lot louder so I should be fine with that but it was driving me crazy thinking about not being able to hear another bird drumming, and since then I've always protected my ears when shooting. I see guys now especially dove/duck/quail hunting, not wearing anything, I ask just about everyone of them if they've had problems or ringing in their ears because of it. And it's either feast or famine, they either have no problems at all, or the damage has already been done and they aren't gonna start protecting them now! The only sounds that give me problems are real high pitch sounds, so it's not that bad but I damn sure don't want it getting any worse!
Pass the biscuits!!
ol bob

Post by ol bob »

Hips and hearing but I've made it to 73 so I'm just thankful that I can still go.
A wise old owl sat in a mighty oak , The more he saw the less he spoke, The less he spoke the more he heard, Why can't everyone be like this wise Ol bird
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hearing dye to fowl. And sciatica in my right leg. It's embarrassing while hunting or in a store having to Neel some days.
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

ole5beards wrote:
appalachianassassin wrote:
Man that sucks! Have you ever been able to hear it? When I was 25 I killed a hog with a friend of mines rifle. It was a browning .300 win mag. I made a bad shot on the boar and had to shoot him a 2nd time. I'll never forget after that first shot my right ear immediately began ringing, loudly. I literally tried to make one of my gloves an earplug before that 2nd and final shot, and I couldn't make it work so I shot, but before pulling the trigger I told myself I'm gonna regret this! A week later the ringing was still there and still just as loud. My ENT DR is a big hunter, and I went in to see him told him what happened and my ears are still ringing to this day! He told me then that it won't get any better and would get worse if I didn't start using ear protection. I remember thinking at first that this wasn't that bad and I could live with it, and then the thought hit me that one day might come and I wouldn't be able to hear not only a turkey gobbling but him drumming! Scared the chit out of me and after leaving his office I went and bought my 1st pair of walkers ear muffs! I literally remember thinking gobbling is a lot louder so I should be fine with that but it was driving me crazy thinking about not being able to hear another bird drumming, and since then I've always protected my ears when shooting. I see guys now especially dove/duck/quail hunting, not wearing anything, I ask just about everyone of them if they've had problems or ringing in their ears because of it. And it's either feast or famine, they either have no problems at all, or the damage has already been done and they aren't gonna start protecting them now! The only sounds that give me problems are real high pitch sounds, so it's not that bad but I damn sure don't want it getting any worse!
yes, I use to be able to hear it well. I had a similar experience you had with the 300 win mag. I bought a 30-378 wby mag with a muzzle break several years ago, I wish I had never seen the gun. first shot (no protection) felt like a screwdriver went in one ear and out the other. I still have and shoot the gun. but, I don't hunt with it and never shoot it without protection. like you, my ears ring very loudly and will never stop.
El Sicario

Return to “Gobbler Talk”