Memories made and friendships bonded

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
JTown21

Memories made and friendships bonded

Post by JTown21 »

So I finally had the chance to personally meet and hunt with a great friend of mine whom I met here on GN. I left Illinois last Thursday morning and headed on down to KY to meet Chris and his family. First of all, I cannot say enough about Chris and his family. Chris and Heather welcomed me with open arms into their loving home and introduced me to their kids, kin, and friends. To say the least, I felt right at home.
To give everyone a little background about Chris and I, as I stated earlier I met him here on GN. As I started to get addicted to TSS, Chris helped me out immensely with properly getting set up, understanding load development, and helping me throughout the process. PMs turned into emails, emails turned into texts, and texts evolved into speaking with each other via our phones. Finally, we decided that we needed to meet each other personally and what a great way to do so by planning a turkey hunt. I imposed on coming down to KY, we set the dates, and the wait was on.
I arrived early Thursday evening so we had plenty of time to roll some TSS and shoot our guns. We planned our hunts for the weekend and I was tagged out with two KY Easterns by early Sunday morning, with a total of four birds down total before I headed back up north. The birds were running with hens pretty good, not to mention they've been hunted for three weeks, but Chris knew exactly what to do to get them boys into the kill zone. His woodsmanship and turkey knowledge is second to none and I learned a lot.
Chris, Heather, and I made some awesome memories during our hunts this weekend. The first bird I tagged was absolutely the most emotion filled, roller coaster ride of a hunt I have ever been on (I'll post it in another topic). More importantly, I was able to finally meet and hang out with Chris and Heather, solidifying our friendship for many years to come. Chris and Heather, I personally would like to thank you two for everything you have done for me last weekend. You have a wonderful family and I can't wait to see y'all again!
And lastly, thank you GN as without this platform, this story and friendship would never of happened. I have met some wonderful folks here and I'm sure many of you members have formed friendships and memories like mine as well. Happy hunting!
Attachments
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
jasonb53

Re: Memories made and friendships bonded

Post by jasonb53 »

awesome! like the profile pic to as we have 2 boxers that seem to be more spoiled than the kids
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Sounds like a great bond has and will be in place for many years to come!!
Great to see a planned hunt go the way it's planned :thumbup: :cheers:
Congrats to all :)

MMMMM .. glad I never go on hunt's happenin' like that :LMAO:
Last edited by soiltester on April 27th, 2017, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

Great hunt! WTG Man! :thumbup:
chris30br

Post by chris30br »

[quote="JTown21"]So I finally had the chance to personally meet and hunt with a great friend of mine whom I met here on GN. I left Illinois last Thursday morning and headed on down to KY to meet Chris and his family. First of all, I cannot say enough about Chris and his family. Chris and Heather welcomed me with open arms into their loving home and introduced me to their kids, kin, and friends. To say the least, I felt right at home.
To give everyone a little background about Chris and I, as I stated earlier I met him here on GN. As I started to get addicted to TSS, Chris helped me out immensely with properly getting set up, understanding load development, and helping me throughout the process. PMs turned into emails, emails turned into texts, and texts evolved into speaking with each other via our phones. Finally, we decided that we needed to meet each other personally and what a great way to do so by planning a turkey hunt. I imposed on coming down to KY, we set the dates, and the wait was on.
I arrived early Thursday evening so we had plenty of time to roll some TSS and shoot our guns. We planned our hunts for the weekend and I was tagged out with two KY Easterns by early Sunday morning, with a total of four birds down total before I headed back up north. The birds were running with hens pretty good, not to mention they've been hunted for three weeks, but Chris knew exactly what to do to get them boys into the kill zone. His woodsmanship and turkey knowledge is second to none and I learned a lot.
Chris, Heather, and I made some awesome memories during our hunts this weekend. The first bird I tagged was absolutely the most emotion filled, roller coaster ride of a hunt I have ever been on (I'll post it in another topic). More importantly, I was able to finally meet and hang out with Chris and Heather, solidifying our friendship for many years to come. Chris and Heather, I personally would like to thank you two for everything you have done for me last weekend. You have a wonderful family and I can't wait to see y'all again!
And lastly, thank you GN as without this platform, this story and friendship would never of happened. I have met some wonderful folks here and I'm sure many of you members have formed friendships and memories like mine as well. Happy hunting![/quote

Eric, congrats on a successful trip. Both heather and I and the kids all had a great time. We need to make sure and make this an annual event. I just mentioned last night at dinner to the kids about getting up you way over the summer and spend some time with you and your family and they was 10 kinds of excite. Thanks again man for all that you have done. We are all looking forward to seeing you again soon. Congrats on your first 2 ky easterns!! Could not have happened to a better guy. Talk to you soon
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Way to go. Congrats to all y'all. :thumbup:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

WTG!!! Nothing like new friends, and turkey hunting!!! Congrats :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
el diablo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by el diablo »

Awesome stuff! Congrats guys!
MAK

Post by MAK »

great hunt with friends, can't be better.
MAK
SCtrkyhntr

Post by SCtrkyhntr »

Good stuff, congrats on a great hunt!
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

Congrats!

Return to “Gobbler Talk”