Furthest you have seen a bird fly to get to your calls?

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
willie

Re: Furthest you have seen a bird fly to get to your calls?

Post by willie »

he is still flying he hasn't landed yet :o
flinginairos

Post by flinginairos »

For the second year in a row I killed one that flew to me! My second bird of the season last week flew across a steep holler when he saw my decoy I had staked 3' from me. I had just sat down because I had no more cover to move closer and he was working his way across the hillside 150+ yards away. He saw the decoy and dead stopped, turned around and walked about 15 yards and took flight right at me [emoji23] I had the safety off and ready when he touched down. He was dead in about 30 seconds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

flinginairos wrote:For the second year in a row I killed one that flew to me! My second bird of the season last week flew across a steep holler when he saw my decoy I had staked 3' from me. I had just sat down because I had no more cover to move closer and he was working his way across the hillside 150+ yards away. He saw the decoy and dead stopped, turned around and walked about 15 yards and took flight right at me [emoji23] I had the safety off and ready when he touched down. He was dead in about 30 seconds!

Well heck far your here too. I know you from a bow forum but you don't me as this name [emoji854][emoji854]
flinginairos

Post by flinginairos »

killerstump wrote:
flinginairos wrote:For the second year in a row I killed one that flew to me! My second bird of the season last week flew across a steep holler when he saw my decoy I had staked 3' from me. I had just sat down because I had no more cover to move closer and he was working his way across the hillside 150+ yards away. He saw the decoy and dead stopped, turned around and walked about 15 yards and took flight right at me [emoji23] I had the safety off and ready when he touched down. He was dead in about 30 seconds!

Well heck far your here too. I know you from a bow forum but you don't me as this name [emoji854][emoji854]
Haha I'm everywhere. What's your name on the other forum?

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

It works enough to keep at it. It is, you know, a disease.

Ain't that the frigg'n truth
Jaybird
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Jaybird »

Dang Jay, how have you been buddy![/quote]

Living the life, retired on social security with 2 bad knees and hips. As Mickey Mantle said, "if I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself". I miss Turkey Hunting the most, so I have to live the experience thru you guys, and my boys. Thanks for asking. Good luck with your season, buddy.[/quote]
Great to hear from ya Captain!!! How the hell have you been. I think of you every once and again.
You probably ain't heard, but I ain't the machine I once was. Dam texting 20 year old girl ended my long walks in the woods.
Boy, we really used to lay the Turkeys down, didn't we!!!
Still get a few nowadays, but nothing like before. I get out there as much as I can.
Are you not able to get out there any??? Our WMA has a Wheelchair zone now. Come on down, and we will roll together!! :mrgreen:[/quote]
LOL.
Thanks to good drugs, I'm not in a wheelchair yet. I see the Site dropped the Turkey team contests. Too bad. I loved those contests. One year I was on three different teams. When I first started a team, I had kind of gotten lazy, and had lost a bit of dedication to the sport. The contests rekindled my drive, and I really got back into it. Was a real good thing for me personally. Real sorry you haven't recovered from your accident. Life has a tendency to throw curve balls at you.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Gobbler Talk”