30 Hunts in 30 Days

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
crenshawco

Re: 30 Hunts in 30 Days

Post by crenshawco »

I guess I fit into the "elitist" category. I'm not about to watch a hunting video that relies on blinds and decoys to kill a turkey. That's just not how I like to hunt, and I don't care anything about watching it. Now, I'm not saying it's wrong or I have anything against folks doing it, it just isn't what I enjoy about turkey hunting
TimberlandTaxidermy

Post by TimberlandTaxidermy »

That's too bad. You will miss out on some footage that you can't get any other way. Anyone that loves turkeys should get something out of it. Even if you prefer shooting one at 75 yards with the newest super loads and ultra chokes, surely you could appreciate the extreme close-ups. Below are a couple stills from some of our hunts.
misfire

Post by misfire »

Probably good video, but I just cant stand to watch a turkey get shot by an arrow! I love seeing them flip backwards from shotgun, and conversely, I wont watch a video of a rifle hunt for deer. I am just weird
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I'll be trying to stick a couple in Nebraska next week I'll try and get lots of video for ya ! :angel4:
TimberlandTaxidermy

misfire wrote:Probably good video, but I just cant stand to watch a turkey get shot by an arrow! I love seeing them flip backwards from shotgun, and conversely, I wont watch a video of a rifle hunt for deer. I am just weird
Don't mistake me for a bowhunting elitist. If you watched the trailer you noticed there are shotgun kills as well.
TimberlandTaxidermy

timbrhuntr wrote:I'll be trying to stick a couple in Nebraska next week I'll try and get lots of video for ya ! :angel4:
Good luck. I think our first hunt is going to be in KS.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I'll be there after Nebraska . Good luck to u .
misfire

Post by misfire »

TimberlandTaxidermy wrote:
misfire wrote:Probably good video, but I just cant stand to watch a turkey get shot by an arrow! I love seeing them flip backwards from shotgun, and conversely, I wont watch a video of a rifle hunt for deer. I am just weird
Don't mistake me for a bowhunting elitist. If you watched the trailer you noticed there are shotgun kills as well.
Ah ha, that I will watch. I love bowhunting deer
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Southern Sportsman »

These hunts are not my cup of tea, but I have to admit that the still picture of the arrow coming out of the turkey is pretty cool.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

Southern Sportsman wrote:These hunts are not my cup of tea, but I have to admit that the still picture of the arrow coming out of the turkey is pretty cool.
agree
El Sicario
fisherxp

Post by fisherxp »

I'm 85+ years old and my "run and gun" days are over. Thanks to blinds and decoys I can still hunt turkeys, enjoy the sights sounds and smells of the Spring woods and kill a tom from time to time. All you young'uns out there who frown on this set-up take note: the clock is ticking and your day is coming....believe me!
FLGobstopper

Post by FLGobstopper »

I might be a young cantankerous dude and can say that the footage is unique. That's about the only positive I'll give you.

I did watch your trailer and here's my take from it but if you really don't want an opinion then don't read any further but I'm gonna give it anyway. If you're into fancy edits and showing exploding turkeys guts and perfectly choreographed hunting scenes and staged camera angles then yes these are the videos for you. For me, it S-U-C-K-S!!!

Yeah I get that what you do takes more work and time and effort but really I could care less. That's not what draws me to hunting. It's the thrill of the chase, the sound of the gobble, the experience of a new day just starting the rush of adrenaline that comes from something not staged and reproduced. It's when what happens is not planned for and rehearsed and you sit back and think about over and over in your mind, "did that really just happen"? It's also in the disappointment and frustration when all the things went completely right but the one thing blew a seemingly sure thing and the bird gets you again.

It's not about fancy camera angles and up close images over turkeys getting their heads cut off, leave that make believe crap up to hollywood. We're hunters, outdoorsman and sportsman that's what we should be portraying and what we should be passing on a love and a RESPECT for the game and animals we pursue.

***** Disclaimer***** I've been chasing turkeys for the past 10 days straight waking up at 4am almost everyday and I'm a little sleep deprived. If I came off pissy, well I just might be because I'm not actually in the woods this morning.
killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump »

Er'body
Wantin
Be
On
Tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “Gobbler Talk”