Gone, But Not Forgotten...

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
LeadSlinger

Gone, But Not Forgotten...

Post by LeadSlinger »

I just learned that one of my favorite hunting spots has been sold. To a real estate developer, no less. I've hunted this farm since the early eighties and I feel like I've lost an old friend. I don't know the actual acreage, but It's a big chunk of prime turkey hunting and it borders me. I knew it was for sale but the asking price was ridiculous, way beyond my means. It's not the first time I've lost a good spot and I'm sure it won't be the last, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it. Time to knock on some more doors.
Bob
202P&Y

Re: Gone, But Not Forgotten...

Post by 202P&Y »

Disheartening for sure
Proverbs 3:5-6
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Story of my life, " All good things must come to an end ".. But I also learned along time ago, " Don't put all your eggs in one basket "..
Doesn't hurt to ask them if you could hunt, until they start doing something with the property. I was in the same boat on one of the properties I hunt, I got permission to hunt from them, " Progress was Made" and still have permission to hunt the remaining land.
rhs341

Post by rhs341 »

Exact same thing happened to me this year....my best spot by far for years.....lost count of the number of birds taken from that place.....I immediately contacted the new owner and......made a new friend and still have the place to hunt for a few more years. As the above said I never put all my eggs in one basket and have other places but I'm thrilled I still have this one a few more years.....make contact with the owner and ask....the least they can do is say no.....
LeadSlinger

Post by LeadSlinger »

I'm definitely going to contact the new owner and I'm hoping to get one more spring there. I talked to a guy that lives just down the road from me this this afternoon. He asked permission to hunt deer on the property this coming fall and was shot down. We'll see. Worst case scenario, I had a lot of good years hunting it and I made a lot of good memories in the process. I have other places to hunt, public and private, I just have a lot of history with this one. Sorry to hear about the properties you guys have lost too. Thanks for the replies.
Bob
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by OLE RASPY »

Yep that sucks :cry:
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)
CMR

Post by CMR »

They do come and go. It sucks to see them turn into "civilization" more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LeadSlinger

Post by LeadSlinger »

CMR wrote:They do come and go. It sucks to see them turn into "civilization" more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, that's the icing on the cake.
Bob

Return to “Gobbler Talk”