Nashville Turkey Show

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
aristico

Re: Nashville Turkey Show

Post by aristico »

Enjoyed meeting you all...had a fun time a dinner.....
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

As always ! It was a great show in Nashville . Glad to put some faces with names . A lot of fine folks in the turkey hunting world ! :thumbup:
Last edited by vaturkey on February 21st, 2017, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
N2deer

Post by N2deer »

Nice to meet you Tommy. I was give out myself when I got back home. Not sure which was worse, walking around all day Saturday or trying to keep up with my wife on Sunday at the mall.
Jim Spencer

Post by Jim Spencer »

hookspur wrote:I'll be there, but won't come rolling in until Saturday morning. Be sure to stop by booth number 923 and talk to Tom Pero. He just wrote a 2-part book called, "Turkey Men" that profiles 12 people who have completed a US Slam. Dave Owens (Cove on here) and I will be in the second volume, and it's also supposed to come with an audio cd of Dave and I talking turkey and demonstrating calls.
Got a copy of Pero's book at the convention and it's a good un. A little pricey at $49.95 or whatever the pennies were, but very good. Six hunters profiled in the first volume, six more coming in Volume II soon. I'll buy it, too. There's some valuable information in the book, which is done in pure interview style. That's not my favorite style of writing, but it's good reading anyway - especially the part where one of the turkey men gives his favorite turkey writer a plug.

Pero says he's going to do a Volume III next year.

You can order from www.wildriverpress.com.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”