Florida Trip

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Fatmo

Florida Trip

Post by Fatmo »

For almost 40 years I've wanted to hunt Osceola's and lets just say this was the year. I've had friends that have hunted and guided down there for decades and wanted me to come down, but it just never worked out. This year I talked with my friends and planned the hunt. I would hunt Green swamp for 4 days before going on a private land hunt. I would like to thank the new friends I met at Green Swamp. The Caudill family, Doc, Green Swamp Charlie, Tim, Doug and Bill plus others. Even though I did not kill a bird in Green swamp it was an awesome time. From GS I went to Monts De Oca Ranch where I met Shoat and had a hell of a hunt. Not Braggin but, 2 limb hangers came back to Pa. with me. 19.5#-20.25# 9"-10"beards 1.3/16"-1.5"spurs and I even shot a 225# Boar Shoat would run me around and said call me if you wana go elsewhere. Run-N-Gun with a chauffer. I like it!
I took almost 40years to get done but was worth it. Awsome Trip! Thanks to everyone And if it were not for my friends Craig / Mick I may never have gotten on this Florida kick years ago.
hookinembig

Re: Florida Trip

Post by hookinembig »

Sounds like an awesome trip. Hopefully you can gets some pics up of the birds and board.
FishH2o

Post by FishH2o »

Awesome! I live in Florida and I haven't shot one yet.

I live about an hour from green swamp glad you got to spend some time on our public land. I hope this will be your first of many trips down to Florida!
Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.
http://www.tungstensupershots.com
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Congrats, :thumbup: :thumbup: but what does this have to do with Handloading,Ammo,Patterns????
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

Sorry about the handloading, patterning etc .....
I never claimed to work for NASA but I'll pay closer attention next time.
I usually buy my shells, pattern my gun and kill some birds, then eat them.
End of my discussion :banghead:
The Mossberg Mauler

Post by The Mossberg Mauler »

Congratulations on the killing pattern. Two fine Osceola's. Florida is a fun place to hunt, but can also be frustrating at times. I went several years ago with Guesswho and it was totally different than anything I was used to. I liked the wild oranges and tangerines where we were at.
No Need To Count Holes In Paper. My Mossberg And Lead Kill'em Dead!!!!

I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and I've slept in the alley eating pork and beans.

Fox Trot Pro Staff Wannabe
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

Your ok Fatmo,i was drunk when I made the other post,congrats on the hunt.Where in Pa. ya from,im up in Bradford county.
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
Fatmo

Post by Fatmo »

I'm from up near Franklin and Mauler I know what your talkin about, when it came to huntin down there.
I tried the do as the romans do method for about 2 hours (Blind), then it was time to kill something and run-n-gun ( Ok walk semi-fast and hope I dont forget my gun at last spot ) When you leaned against a cabbage palm it made you appreciate a good old oak tree. The orange I picked and ate was sour as hell (I'll stick to my apples ) Loved the trip and the people I met, Hated the huntin style, Loved the BBQ and shrimp, Did I say I loved the BBQ and shrimp.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”