Treerooster - Work It!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
gblrsrst

Treerooster - Work It!

Post by gblrsrst »

Gary, I see that you just had a Hip Replacement and have started PT!

Work it and everytime you do it will feel better!

Hell - Even fat old me was hunting Elk at 10,000 Foot 5 months after mine was done!

BEST THING NOW -- 10 years later I was asked to update medical history and they asked me ,"Which hip did you have replaced?" I told them , "I DON'T REMEMBER _IT IS DOING SO GOOD!"

I'm sure you will be you and at them in NO TIME!
Gretchen was a Great Dog! Jinger Lou is Becoming one!
hookspur

Re: Treerooster - Work It!

Post by hookspur »

Good luck, Gary. Like Ron said, do what your doctor's tell you to do and don't slack off!
Treerooster

Post by Treerooster »

Thanks guys.

Yeah I've got good incentive to do the rehab...eh? :D It felt good when the therapist told me as I left the first session..."We got to get you able to sit on the ground and get back up again". Yeah, that guy knows what I need to get turkey hunting.

I am feeling pretty good about it really. Already off the walker, at least around the house and on flat ground. Can go up and down stairs too without a cane...as long as I have one hand on the railing.

Might be a little more sit & wait hunting than run & gun though...at least the first part of the season.
TRKYHTR

Post by TRKYHTR »

Good job Gary. I've noticed over the years that guys that are motivated to get better for whatever reason do really well. As long as they don't over do it and dislocate it.

Joe
Eph 2:8-9
hootn

Post by hootn »

Treerooster wrote:Thanks guys.

Yeah I've got good incentive to do the rehab...eh? :D It felt good when the therapist told me as I left the first session..."We got to get you able to sit on the ground and get back up again". Yeah, that guy knows what I need to get turkey hunting.

I am feeling pretty good about it really. Already off the walker, at least around the house and on flat ground. Can go up and down stairs too without a cane...as long as I have one hand on the railing.

Might be a little more sit & wait hunting than run & gun though...at least the first part of the season.
Don't worry I can go up and down stairs now if I have a hand on the rail........ mine will have to done in a few years
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Treerooster wrote:Thanks guys.

thats rare to have drs that care!

heal faster and be blessed!
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Yer' gonna be chasin' em' this spring .. jest' wait n' see :cheers:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

Good luck with your recovery, Gary. I have heard mixed reviews about recovery times for hip replacements, but if it had gotten so bad that you had to have it replaced right before turkey season, it must have been bothering you a bunch. I suspect you will be better off getting it replaced now, rather than trying to struggle through the season without the surgery. The old body wearing out sucks big-time!

I had knee surgery back in November and the surgeon warned me that I was likely headed for knee replacements at some point in the future. Getting old is a bitch!
Treerooster

Post by Treerooster »

Yeah Joe I hear ya. I think attitude can play a big roll in any recovery. And there is a balance between pushing it and pushing it too hard. I pat attention to my body while I am working it and also what happens a few hours after I work it. Walking is not a natural thing for me right now either, its a deliberate thought out and slow act. Don't need to fall or even slip right now.

Gobblenut I always pay a lot of attention to your posts, whether about turkey or life. I figure anybody that's been around long enough to actually witness dirt forming has to know something...eh? :toothy7:

Feeling better everyday now. Be greeting some dawns before I know it. :thumbup: Thanks for the well wishes.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

Gary, Ron's right. (DANG!!!! Did I just say that?? ROTFLMAO!!) I had my right knee repaired in '73 & the rehab took over 6 months. Had it replaced in '12 & I literally hit the floor walking. I gave the rehab folks fits. They told me to do 10 reps, I'd do 20. They'd tell me to do 15 minutes, I'd do 25-30. They fussed at me for doing too much but I told them that my body would tell me when it had had enough & I was smart enough to listen & stop. They left me pretty much on my own after that. I took a kid out that April & haven't looked back.

Good luck with the rehab & the upcoming season.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

Return to “Gobbler Talk”