Montana's 2016 Regs

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
hobbes

Montana's 2016 Regs

Post by hobbes »

The new regs have been posted online for anyone interested. A lot has changed with the new Regional Licenses that result in a lot more opportunity for folks willing to drive. I don't expect many Montanans to take advantage of it, but I will be.
xarcher

Re: Montana's 2016 Regs

Post by xarcher »

Have been travelling to MT for over 10 years now and have lots of bonus points invested so will continue to draw for that tag of a life time. Gotta happen sooner than later but in the mean time will continue to hunt with a general license and learn more and more of the country. Just curious about what you call Regional Licenses. I did a quick scan of the regs and could not find anything like that. Can you tell me more? In the mean time I will continue to scan the FWP website and regs.

thanks
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Montana is split into regions, if you get a regional license for a certain region (1,2 5 or 7) that license is only good in that region.

Region 6 is general hunting, 4 is drawing only. 1 is also general hunting as well as 7 but you can get extra permits for 1,2,5 and 7.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
xarcher

Post by xarcher »

But region 6 has some special permit draw management units. Still confused
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

I believe you are thinking of Big Game. I'm only talking about turkey regulations. Sorry for the confusion.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I didn't catch that big game thing either.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Yeah, I should have stated that the new 2016 turkey regulations were out. The elk and deer special permit can be applied for now, but I see no significant change in that besides some cow tag changes.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Well beings this is a turkey hunting site ..................................................................................
xarcher

Post by xarcher »

Sorry for creating the confusion

I just don't associate Montana with turkeys but instead only with big game. The big game nonresident license applications are due in less than 4 weeks and it just so happens I am in the midst of figuring out what to do this fall in MT. So my walnut sized turkey brain assumed that "regs" meant the regs that MT publishes each year just before the March 15 application deadline.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

I understand. MT isn't the first state a turkey hunter thinks of. I just happened to already be a turkey nut when I moved west to hunt big game, so I take full advantage of every opportunity to hunt turkeys I can get.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”