ICDEDTURKES ,Check This.

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

ICDEDTURKES ,Check This.

Post by redarrow »

The Michigan DNR swore they were not trapping and relocating turkeys from the Fairview area.Which happens to be where my hunting camp is located. Talk to the locals and they all holler bull@#$%. DNR says thats just a bunch of bar talk from people who dont know how to find turkeys.Well the truth finally emerged last winter 2011 when they released 20 turkeys from southern Mich. back into the Fairview area.They admitted to the relocation but blamed the need to restock the birds on a couple bad winters. A few days ago they released another bunch of trapped birds from the south ,4 miles from my place.This is the most recent release story fron the Oscoda County Herald.

http://oscodaherald.com/detail/93301.html
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: ICDEDTURKES ,Check This.

Post by Hoobilly »

wow!

glad to see them fixing their mistake...
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

I am trying to gather what you are saying.. You are saying that they originally trapped a bunch of turkeys in the oscoda area for relocation elsewhere and that is the reason for the decline and are now releasing them back there because they over trapped?
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Yep,thats pretty much what they did. I talked to a DNR biologist about trapping. He said they were not trapping .That was bar talk. Now that they have started to restock the Mio area,they have finally come clean.I knew they were trapping because friends of mine watched then do it.The funny thing is they are trapping birds in the south in the same area they released them.
Splittoe

Post by Splittoe »

Good to see the NWTF involved.... ;)
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

redarrow wrote:Yep,thats pretty much what they did. I talked to a DNR biologist about trapping. He said they were not trapping .That was bar talk. Now that they have started to restock the Mio area,they have finally come clean.I knew they were trapping because friends of mine watched then do it.The funny thing is they are trapping birds in the south in the same area they released them.
I believe they do a bunch of stuff behind a curtain.. Not to spread a rumor and this took place a good bit back.. I had one friend whom was a fishing nut, literally had to go to the doctor over sleep deprivation over fall walleye fishing.. He said one night he found the DNR trapping Walleye on Lake Cadillac and loading them into trucks.. He confronted them and they would not say boo.. I was a skeptic until another friend I knew well, found them doing the same thing on The Muskegon down by Evart.. One can only guess as to where the fish went.. If It were my guess I would say Sag Bay, the most popular fishing destination in MI and a huge money maker..

Its amazing the rise of the wild turkey in S Michigan and the declining populations in N Michigan.. I am curious as to if S MI will show a downward cycle in due time.
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

They are a sneaky bunch of scoundrels. They try to get away with something, and if they get busted, then they fess up. They would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. The problem is that they don't ever admit error.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote:They are a sneaky bunch of scoundrels. They try to get away with something, and if they get busted, then they fess up. They would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. The problem is that they don't ever admit error.
Our DNR right now is in Cohoots with the auto insurance companies in a immense cougar restocking program to lower the deer herd.. Supposedly they have facilities strategically located throughout the state where they breed and genetically alter cougars to have only a taste for venison. Once mature the cougars are loaded onto black helicopters in the dead of night where they are dropped in areas of high deer auto collisions. Everyone has forced to be mum on the issue however as if you do receive a trail cam photo of a cougar, men in black suits come and erase your sim card and convince you that you have seen nothing but a large house cat..

A similar but equally detrimental program is being funded by Farm Bureau whereas instead of cougars they are using wolves in an effort to reduce crop damage amongst Michigan farmers. HSUS also secretly over sees these projects because if there are no animals left to hunt, their will be no hunting..

Jessie Ventura was out not too long ago to investigate these programs for his show.. Nobody has seen Jesse since he arrived. . :pirate:

I actually was fortunate to snap this picture of a Michigan cougar last fall while leaving the bar, I have been apprehensive to post it for the above reasons.. Image
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

if all cougars were that nice... :lol:
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Makes me wanna wear a deer suit and a set of antlers. YOWSA.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

hoobilly wrote:if all cougars were that nice... :lol:

x2
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I need to move to Mi. Your cougars are way better than ours.. :lol: :toothy7:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

Not to be confused with Black Panthers. :shock:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”