moved thread

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

moved thread

Post by Gobbler »

I moved the thread to the outback. And we may not be done. I am going to get input from mods and Rick. I don't know this guy and didn't realize the history. But I feel it violates our personal behavior /person attacks rule. A couple of people told me to leave it and filled me in. It is no longer on the public areas of the forum. He may not be a pleasant person. But should we rip him when he is not a member here? I will take feedback and get with the other mods. Thanks Doug
milkman

Post by milkman »

Im sorry Doug. I had no idea it would go that far. I normally don't do stuff like that. You won't see a thread from me like that again.
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: moved thread

Post by gophert »

I don't know the man or care to, but probably a good idea. Publicly bashing a man on an open forum is probably not the direction we want to go. I sure would hate for ya'll to get that letter from Mr. Lawyer for slander...LOL. Probably a good idea to move.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

:shock: Sounds like that person has built up one helluva online reputation.

Not familiar with that person, but definitely agree with the move Doug.

Rick
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Nah, he deserves it. There's things people need to know. Like Browning and Ruger shotguns have no warranty. It isn't commonly known and would help people to know before they do business. If a certain other vendor might be a certifiable lunatic with a nasty disposition, spreading the word is a public service.

But, I have no idea how far the moved thread may have gone.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Howl,
Wanted to step up and correct you on the Browning has no warranty statement (Or at least I hope I am correcting you :dontknow: ). Couple years ago I purchased a Browning Gold 20GA MOBU shotgun from a friend for my wife to use as a turkey gun. Long story short, it patterned OK, I shot it a little but she never did like it as it was heavy and the stock was a tad long for her L.O.P., So I put it in the safe and it rested for a few years. Went to take it out a while back and the film "Duratouch" or whatever Browning calls it had turned to a sticky icky gluey mess. Resembled a piece of hard candy that had been left in the sun for a week, when you picked the gun up it would stick to your hands and leave finger prints and felt you could slide the film around on the gun. I debated on taking it to someone to have it re-dipped but hated to spend the money as I hadn't been shooting it. I decided I would call Browning alert them of the issue and see what they had to say....not really expecting anything as I had purchased the gun second hand (Has less than 4 boxes of shells shot through it in total by both owners and was in great condition). When I explained the situation of the coating to the Browning rep, he asked me to box it up and send it to them. Couple weeks went buy and I received a call, Browning rep told me he had looked at the gun and they couldn't repair it, so in turn would like to know if I would be willing to accept a new Winchester Super X-3 20GA in exchange for it as Browning doesn't have anything 20GA compatible in current manufacturing. My new SX3 is scheduled to arrive second week of May. I don't know how anyone could ask anymore as far as warrantying their product. With that said, I am not a Browning fanboy, have had a couple of their rifles and shotguns over the years and they are my least favorite of anything I have had in my hand.... just haven't had good performance from them from Riffle accuracy to P.O.A. / P.O.I. issues with the previous shotgun..... but I can't give them anything but accolades on their warranty (assuming my gun shows up as promised).

Now for the fellow that everyone was commenting on... not sure there is any need to expect change from him just based on the his different posts I have seen over the years. He might be very surprised if he only knew the experience and number of turkeys that met their demise by some of the folks he has argued with and belittled on the internet forums. I'll do like my grandmother told me a half century ago ... "If you can't say something nice, just don't say anything at all"
GobbleNut

Post by GobbleNut »

A good move, Doug. From what I have seen of him, the guy deserves the bashing he is getting,...but we should hold ourselves to a higher standard here. Wise decision to get it out of the public eye...
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

Agreed!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I would just remove the entire thing. It was totally uncalled for. I don't know Frank, but to just come out on a public forum out of nowhere and call him a dick is totally tasteless and disrespectful to GN.
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
vaturkey
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by vaturkey »

CamoMan4025 wrote:I would just remove the entire thing. It was totally uncalled for. I don't know Frank, but to just come out on a public forum out of nowhere and call him a dick is totally tasteless and disrespectful to GN.

So can we call him Penis ?
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Earl, they literally have no warranty. Call 'em and ask. I'd go on, but that's way off topic. I just used them as an example of why calling a spade a spade and sharing pertinent information, even if negative, are important.
aristico

Post by aristico »

Yea, i agree with Camoman. Best to nuke that thread and this one. Why beat on a person who cant defend himself?
Gobbler
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Gobbler »

I will sent it to thread heaven. Thanks for all the input.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

No. No. No. Lock it thats fine. He gets what he gets. I have seen how bad he is. Just lock it.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
devastator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by devastator »

vaturkey wrote:
CamoMan4025 wrote:I would just remove the entire thing. It was totally uncalled for. I don't know Frank, but to just come out on a public forum out of nowhere and call him a dick is totally tasteless and disrespectful to GN.

So can we call him Penis ?
Or Richard

Return to “Gobbler Talk”