Elimitick by Gamehide

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Elimitick by Gamehide

Post by timbrhuntr »

Saw this on Mathews TV tonight. Anybody ever use the stuff and did it work ? Always looking for ways to cut down the ticks !

redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Elimitick by Gamehide

Post by redarrow »

I seen that too and was wondering how well it worked.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run »

Permethrin is your friend. It does better than just repel them, it eliminates them totally & completely. Any tick or chigger that comes in contact with that stuff, dies. Simple as that. It just doesn't get any better. You'll almost forget what its like to scratch.

Jim
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Yes but you have to reapply it every season and all that goes with that. This product would be cool if it works but seems to good to be true .
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

I would rather reapply the Permethrin each season or even twice a season than buy clothes that cost who knows how much and "hope" they work.

Kevin
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I wonder how the chemical can be reactive enough to repels something with as little contact as a tick makes, yet be stable enough to withstand seventy trips through the washer over many years. I have some shirts I wear hunting that are at least ten years old.
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

Tick repellant is something I've never used. I can't ever recall finding one on me turkey hunting. Don't wear snake boots either even after nearly stepping on a rattler :o. Lime disease is no joke though.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

A buddy had some this weekend. After reading the label, I don’t think I’ll get it. To paraphrase the label, it’s active ingredients to repel ticks are a weak solution of Permethrin and GARMENT. (Remember and whatever happened with Rhinoskin??) Nothing more than long underwear treated with Permethrin which I’d just as soon not have direct contact with my skin and I don’t wear long underwear throughout the season. I’ll stick to the Sawyer’s solution sprayed on my camos twice a season. For the rare, not-every-season lapses, I rely on this tool to remove ticks from me and my Brittanys during little birds season. It’s in my wallet year round and I buy them buy the handful from Amazon for my buddies. Pro Tick Remedy
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Thanks I figured it was too good to be true and just another scam like scentlock and the HECS thing !

Return to “Gobbler Talk”