Getting the Grandslam...

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
perrysbirds

Getting the Grandslam...

Post by perrysbirds »

Maybe I should of asked whats required for a registered grandslam?
Obviously the four sub species..lol
I am a NWTF member and Im wondering whats required...How does it work?
Im headed out this spring for a merimams what do I need?
Is there a form I need to take with me from the NWTF and have another member sign it once I have killed a bird...Pictures or anything like that...
Whats required...Im just trying to get everything in order...
Im just looking for the process of how to get a registered Grandslam..
How does it work?
Got to start somewhere...
Thanks Perry
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Getting the Grandslam...

Post by timbrhuntr »

I got my Osceola and my best Eastern last year so I decided to register them in case I eventually get a slam. I took the forms with me after I printed them off the NWTF site. Only problem is I couldn't find anyone to co-sign as a member. So I just sent it in with the money. To my suprise about 10 weeks later the certificate and pin came. Plan on doing the same this year if I get lucky with the rio and merriams. Price went up and the forms changed this year. I think with the NWTF its all about the money so if they get your cash they will likely send the certificate. But I guess thats to be expected, kinda like the OFAH just show us the money.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Ive got to ask, Why the need to get registered? I need an osceola but am having to much fun in other places to worry about the slam..

When I do decide to pursue the final leg, I dont think I have any reason to get it registered.. I know I shot a slam, my friends will know I shot a slam. Anyone who dont believe me really dont matter as it would be a accomplishment I am proud of and really dont care if others even know..
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

The pins are way cool LOL!
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

Truthfully I can't really answer that question because I don't really have an answer. I have shot several moose and deer that would no doubt make book if not B&C , or P&Y at least the book in Ontario but I really don't care. I didn't register them because I really don't care if anyone else knows I shot them, thats not why I hunt. I think the main thing is I am mounting the four sub-species if I get them all and in the mount I want to incorporate the bird and some of the items from the hunt like a six point shed I found in Florida. I am getting Jim at Warbirds to make up 4 calls and I will put the pins in the base. I am going to put them with the certificate in the mount scene. I am sure that nobody will ever see them but me and my family so its not about recognition etc.
Turkey Talker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkey Talker »

timbrhuntr wrote:Truthfully I can't really answer that question because I don't really have an answer. I have shot several moose and deer that would no doubt make book if not B&C , or P&Y at least the book in Ontario but I really don't care. I didn't register them because I really don't care if anyone else knows I shot them, thats not why I hunt. I think the main thing is I am mounting the four sub-species if I get them all and in the mount I want to incorporate the bird and some of the items from the hunt like a six point shed I found in Florida. I am getting Jim at Warbirds to make up 4 calls and I will put the pins in the base. I am going to put them with the certificate in the mount scene. I am sure that nobody will ever see them but me and my family so its not about recognition etc.
Very cool Idea
Grover
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grover »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Ive got to ask, Why the need to get registered? I need an osceola but am having to much fun in other places to worry about the slam..

When I do decide to pursue the final leg, I dont think I have any reason to get it registered.. I know I shot a slam, my friends will know I shot a slam. Anyone who dont believe me really dont matter as it would be a accomplishment I am proud of and really dont care if others even know..
:thumbup:

I've got 3 of the 4, only one is "registered" cause he's a Rio and he has 6 beards.
"INFIDEL"
MKW
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by MKW »

I did not register the birds from either of my Grand Slams. I just don't care about such things. I don't mount anything either. Hell, I killed a buck that scored 164 & 1/8" in S.GA an cut his horns off. They are sitting on a shelf in my closet. :D

Mike
Ultimate Predator
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

MKW wrote:I did not register the birds from either of my Grand Slams. I just don't care about such things. I don't mount anything either. Hell, I killed a buck that scored 164 & 1/8" in S.GA an cut his horns off. They are sitting on a shelf in my closet. :D

Mike
That's because you're a STUD!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Cove

Post by Cove »

I haven't registered any of my slams, but I plan to eventually. No real rush though.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Looks like all you have to do is register all the birds required. I'm pretty sure I'll wind up with a slam some day, but I won't register it.
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/r ... html#grand
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

I never registered either of my grand slams or any bird at all. I am not that much into the NWTF.

Return to “Gobbler Talk”