Self filming

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Skimerhorn

Self filming

Post by Skimerhorn »

Wondering how many of you guys film your hunts? I got a video camera last year, just need to upgrade my tripod and possibly a gun camera. What are you guys using to film with?
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Self filming

Post by guesswho »

I tried it, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with my essential items.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Hobbes_mobile
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hobbes_mobile »

I've tried, but lose interest real quick when I'm trying to kill a bird. If my boys still hunted with Mr like they used to, I could just sit back, call, film, and let them worry about killing.
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Thought about it, haven’t pulled trigger yet.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Too hard to add exciting things about the hunt if filmed.... :lol:
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
taylorjones20

Post by taylorjones20 »

Wonder if ICEDTURKES would start filming...?
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

I have filmed my daughter hunting. It was cool to have memories of the hunts. I just used a Sony HD Video Cam. Nothing fancy. I have hought of attaching a gun Cam to my gun but have not done so. I really like the hunter filmed hunt like Pinhoti Project and The Hunting Public. Those guys do a great job filming.
Mike
jryser

Self filming

Post by jryser »

Not easy to do. As a fella who trained with The Hunting Public’s Greg Clements, we both love the LUMIX Gh5. Fantastic camera. We also use a PXW Z90 and GoPro’s. When I’m self filming it’s usually the Z90 and a GoPro because I have better control of the zoom and focus.
Here is a self filmed fall hunt:
https://youtu.be/KSxNtJceFvo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdjnicholson

Post by jdjnicholson »

Have done it. Use a Tactacam now days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

I have a cheap panasonic cam and a cheap walmart tripod. I carry it in my vest all the time. The only real success self-filming I have had is if I am stationary looking over a field with decoys knowing they frequent the field and might come to the decoys and be distracted. If I'm chasing them in the woods I usually just forget the cam by the third or so set up !
Plus most of my videos are about 1 or 2 minutes just of the bird as I can't stand all the blah blah blah full face interviews so can't do that myself!
jryser

Post by jryser »

timbrhuntr wrote:I have a cheap panasonic cam and a cheap walmart tripod. I carry it in my vest all the time. The only real success self-filming I have had is if I am stationary looking over a field with decoys knowing they frequent the field and might come to the decoys and be distracted. If I'm chasing them in the woods I usually just forget the cam by the third or so set up !
Plus most of my videos are about 1 or 2 minutes just of the bird as I can't stand all the blah blah blah full face interviews so can't do that myself!
It does get old even for us blah blahs! I say that not in an a-hole way but in the true spirit of finding that middle ground!!!

redarrow
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by redarrow »

I found the simplest way (For me) is to set my trail cams to video and attach to the front of my blind.Or a nearby tree.
Put you plans in the nail scarred hands.
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

redarrow wrote: May 25th, 2019, 6:14 pm I found the simplest way (For me) is to set my trail cams to video and attach to the front of my blind.Or a nearby tree.
I try not to hunt from a blind and I have enough trouble just putting it next to me I can't imagine trying to find a good set up tree for me and then having to find one for the cam :toothy7: :roll:
timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by timbrhuntr »

jryser wrote: May 25th, 2019, 10:48 am
timbrhuntr wrote:I have a cheap panasonic cam and a cheap walmart tripod. I carry it in my vest all the time. The only real success self-filming I have had is if I am stationary looking over a field with decoys knowing they frequent the field and might come to the decoys and be distracted. If I'm chasing them in the woods I usually just forget the cam by the third or so set up !
It does get old even for us blah blahs! I say that not in an a-hole way but in the true spirit of finding that middle ground!!!

How did you know I was talking about you ! The only guy I could watch talk allday is Zack Ferenbaugh ! :bootyshake: :LMAO:

Return to “Gobbler Talk”