Scouting

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
Swampstalk

Scouting

Post by Swampstalk »

Spend this week scouting some deep South Florida public lands as the season opens March 2nd here. Yesterday traveling into deep Big Cypress National Preserve at a spot were birds have been around over the years we were greeted with gobbling at first light by at least 3 gobblers out 200 to 300 yards in a dead still beautiful morning with temps around 60. Made our way into a nice set up area and sat and listened to at least 25 gobbles. Bumped a couple deer on the way in. We'll be there opening weekend!

Sorry boys if you are still shoveling snow up north.
Don
ncturkey

Re: Scouting

Post by ncturkey »

Hope you have a great hunt. Good luck.
Mike
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

You’ve made me jealous and i’m Not too far north. For the love of everything right in the world please edit out the name of the exact place.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Swampstalk wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:12 am Spend this week scouting some deep South Florida public lands as the season opens March 2nd here. Yesterday traveling into deep Big Cypress National Preserve at a spot were birds have been around over the years we were greeted with gobbling at first light by at least 3 gobblers out 200 to 300 yards in a dead still beautiful morning with temps around 60. Made our way into a nice set up area and sat and listened to at least 25 gobbles. Bumped a couple deer on the way in. We'll be there opening weekend!

Sorry boys if you are still shoveling snow up north.
After enjoying spring like conditions in Nashville we’re heading home to snow.. hope you enjoy the warmth and may the gobbles tear you up
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Swampstalk

Post by Swampstalk »

SwampDrummin, Not to worry, Big Cyp is over 700,000 acres as you may know. Thanks to all. Hope each and everyone shoots'em in the face!
Don
SwampDrummin

Post by SwampDrummin »

Yeah I looked that up after I made my post. Mud is on my face.

Still, you’ve attracted another predator to it. Talking about yours truly 🤣

Return to “Gobbler Talk”