Interesting Conversation!

A general discussion area for turkey hunters.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Interesting Conversation!

Post by guesswho »

Had an interesting conversation this morning with a guy that hunts the 3500 acres that joins my 184. I met him last year at my gate before season. First impression was he's either arrogant or shy. Walked around like he smelled something on his upper lip all the time. Any way today is opening day of the Alabama gun season. I get to my property about 8:30. This guy parked right in the middle of my road about 100 yards from my front yard. I was able to drive around him but had to drive through some brush. I rather he not do that, but whatever, no biggie. His stand is about 20 yards off my property line, which I have no problem with because he is on his side. But I don't understand why he wants to hunt less than 20 yards from my property and less than 150 yards from my trailer when he has 3500 acres. Again no biggie.

I go out on the weekends and pull my camera cards, and do any work that needs to be done etc. My gate post rotted in to, which is about 50 yards from where he parked and maybe 70 to his stand. He's over a hill and can't see me but can surely hear me. I took a hammer and beat the clamps down so I could get the gate off. Then put a wrench on the big screw hinges that the gate sits on and beat them with the hammer to get them off. Also had to pry out the staples to release the barbwire. Then I did several other things that needed to be done. Started my generator etc. Rode my 4-wheeler to check my cameras and came back and did a few other little odds and ends. I was about to leave and I heard his Jeep start. He then rode into my yard and got out and explained to me how rude I was and he didn't appreciate all the noise I was making. He had waited all year for opening morning and I had ruined it for him and he would appreciate me if I would keep it quiet in the future if he's hunting blah blah blah. Now I'm easy to get along with and pretty dang generous but that didn't set well with me. I told him to blank off among a few other things. Then after I thought a minute I told him I'm a reasonable man and will take into consideration what he had said and I'd get back with him. I hope he's not hunting next Saturday, I'm putting the new pole down and mounting my gate back on. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep that chainsaw quiet when I cut the pole off to the right length. How would you handle someone telling you to keep quiet on your property while they're hunting?
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
Roy

Re: Interesting Conversation!

Post by Roy »

You’re a “Class A” *******, Ronnie
" Y'all keep discussing it among yourselves...I'm sneakin' in to pop the noisy one. " - Stinky J Picklestein
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I have problems with neighbors grandsons now. We have 10 acres of woods to hunt that my motherinlaw owns across the street from the 120 acre farm. I have been hunting there since 1991. These grandsons are telling me I cant hang or set a blind on our side of the fencerow and hunt our woods. I have told them twice, you do whatever on your side of the road. I won't tell you how to hunt, don't tell me how to hunt. Have a young man who has hunted with us for 4-5 years now. They came up to his blind yesterday afternoon complaining. Said if it would have been me in the blind they would've pulled me out of it and beat my.. you get the picture. I called the DNR and gave them the skinny. Aint taking no more crap. Its gonna get real My nephew has had trouble today. Punk neighbors called the dnr on him trying o get him into trouble. I had to go to the landowners where he shot the buck and get back to the dnr and set his mouthy neighbors straight. people loose their souls when it comes to deer hunting. glad that turkey hunting hasn't taken this turn
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

Ronnie,
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence :shock:

I scew my neighbors up down here as much as I can all the time .. good ole' trespassers :LMAO:

Maybe their "dim lights" will get brighter, with your help & CO's to correct their "mine is mine and yours is mine" attitude :stir:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Roy wrote: November 17th, 2018, 2:43 pm You’re a “Class A” *******, Ronnie
He's lucky I was in a good mood :lol:
Double Naught Spy!
jryser

Post by jryser »

hoobilly wrote:I have problems with neighbors grandsons now. We have 10 acres of woods to hunt that my motherinlaw owns across the street from the 120 acre farm. I have been hunting there since 1991. These grandsons are telling me I cant hang or set a blind on our side of the fencerow and hunt our woods. I have told them twice, you do whatever on your side of the road. I won't tell you how to hunt, don't tell me how to hunt. Have a young man who has hunted with us for 4-5 years now. They came up to his blind yesterday afternoon complaining. Said if it would have been me in the blind they would've pulled me out of it and beat my.. you get the picture. I called the DNR and gave them the skinny. Aint taking no more crap. Its gonna get real My nephew has had trouble today. Punk neighbors called the dnr on him trying o get him into trouble. I had to go to the landowners where he shot the buck and get back to the dnr and set his mouthy neighbors straight. people loose their souls when it comes to deer hunting. glad that turkey hunting hasn't taken this turn
I am always very secretive about what I harvest so the nosy weekend warriors don’t ask where I shot what.

I don’t know how the OP was so well behaved (and you too Hoobilly!); I think I would have had LE there Bc I’m afraid I’d shoot em.

People get stupid about “their” deer, which makes absolutely no sense to me. Thankfully I haven’t had to deal with it on my current lease; everyone there thinks I’m weird - except the guy at the end of the road who is my pal / and he’s CRAZY. [emoji23].

I have had to pull my badge once years ago on a trespasser - when he saw the credentials he hightailed it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

I have never had a problem hunting anything here in Mt., I suppose it is because we don't have the population of people that is in the eastern states and the way most hunt the flatlands here is a whole different duck compared to what you folks have to go thru. If I went out during deer season , any day it is open, I might see one or two other people hunting but in most cases I would see no one. I see on the trapping site some trappers get so excited when they pick up another 25 or 30 acres to trap on, I litterelly have thousands and thousand of acres I trap all to myself. One big farm operation here is 50,000 acres in itself and there is many more farms I can and do trap on. I couldn't live like the people in the eastern states, I would have been in prison long ago making license plates for 15 cents a day.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
jryser

Post by jryser »

Grumpy wrote:I have never had a problem hunting anything here in Mt., I suppose it is because we don't have the population of people that is in the eastern states and the way most hunt the flatlands here is a whole different duck compared to what you folks have to go thru. If I went out during deer season , any day it is open, I might see one or two other people hunting but in most cases I would see no one. I see on the trapping site some trappers get so excited when they pick up another 25 or 30 acres to trap on, I litterelly have thousands and thousand of acres I trap all to myself. One big farm operation here is 50,000 acres in itself and there is many more farms I can and do trap on. I couldn't live like the people in the eastern states, I would have been in prison long ago making license plates for 15 cents a day.
Read Hoobilly’s woes with neighbors trying to tell him how to hunt on his own property. [emoji35]. I’d forego the 15 cents on that can of whoopass.

spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

You guys are a great bunch of people. Here in mass where I'm from, if on my property or property that I have permission to hunt. Today's Top Tip, dont threaten me, don't harass me, leave me alone. Grumpy, I have friends and family in N.E Montana, I laugh at the whole "Milk River" destination thing ! Again, God bless you all !
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
firedup

Post by firedup »

Even though he's got 3500 acres it sounds like he's the type who hasn't seen any of it that's not close to a road in years. Plus he is pretty close to your feeder (you got some nice bucks on trail cam) which he has to be aware of and is likely a big factor here. Your maintained road, your maintained and stocked up feeder...what's not to like? That's just too easy. But like you said, he is on his side of the fence so....I woulda told him that you waited till 8:30, past prime time. If it makes you feel more neighborly you might wait offer to wait till 9 or 10 on the weekends to be a good neighbor. But I would also tell him you got work to do and your gonna enjoy your property the way you see fit. That's just the way it is. I might also suggest he check into a stand on the other side of the property if your work bothers him too much. There is 3500 acres after all. Having said all this it sounds like your dealing with someone who gets their way most of the time. That is usually a no win no matter what you do.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

firedup wrote: November 17th, 2018, 10:11 pm Even though he's got 3500 acres it sounds like he's the type who hasn't seen any of it that's not close to a road in years. Plus he is pretty close to your feeder (you got some nice bucks on trail cam) which he has to be aware of and is likely a big factor here. Your maintained road, your maintained and stocked up feeder...what's not to like? That's just too easy. But like you said, he is on his side of the fence so....I woulda told him that you waited till 8:30, past prime time. If it makes you feel more neighborly you might wait offer to wait till 9 or 10 on the weekends to be a good neighbor. But I would also tell him you got work to do and your gonna enjoy your property the way you see fit. That's just the way it is. I might also suggest he check into a stand on the other side of the property if your work bothers him too much. There is 3500 acres after all. Having said all this it sounds like your dealing with someone who gets their way most of the time. That is usually a no win no matter what you do.
reading between the lines here.. its ok for Guesswho to hunt somewhere on that fellers 3500 acres? sounds legit to me :LMAO:

Go for it Ronnie!
we hereby give you forum permission to go ahead and hunt somewhere else on that citidiots property since he is gonna hunt your property line

if he runs into you somewhere else on his 3500 acres, tell him your only being a nice neighbor and keeping out of your small area to give him piece and quiet :violent3:

Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

spider316 wrote: November 17th, 2018, 7:46 pm You guys are a great bunch of people. Here in mass where I'm from, if on my property or property that I have permission to hunt. Today's Top Tip, dont threaten me, don't harass me, leave me alone. Grumpy, I have friends and family in N.E Montana, I laugh at the whole "Milk River" destination thing ! Again, God bless you all !

What is the Milk River destination thing, I never heard of it.... :scratch:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

jryser wrote: November 17th, 2018, 7:29 pm
Grumpy wrote:I have never had a problem hunting anything here in Mt., I suppose it is because we don't have the population of people that is in the eastern states and the way most hunt the flatlands here is a whole different duck compared to what you folks have to go thru. If I went out during deer season , any day it is open, I might see one or two other people hunting but in most cases I would see no one. I see on the trapping site some trappers get so excited when they pick up another 25 or 30 acres to trap on, I litterelly have thousands and thousand of acres I trap all to myself. One big farm operation here is 50,000 acres in itself and there is many more farms I can and do trap on. I couldn't live like the people in the eastern states, I would have been in prison long ago making license plates for 15 cents a day.
Read Hoobilly’s woes with neighbors trying to tell him how to hunt on his own property. [emoji35]. I’d forego the 15 cents on that can of whoopass.

I read it before I replied, I guess that's why going out of state to hunt anything doesn't appeal to me at all.
spider316
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by spider316 »

Grumpy wrote: November 17th, 2018, 10:41 pm
spider316 wrote: November 17th, 2018, 7:46 pm You guys are a great bunch of people. Here in mass where I'm from, if on my property or property that I have permission to hunt. Today's Top Tip, dont threaten me, don't harass me, leave me alone. Grumpy, I have friends and family in N.E Montana, I laugh at the whole "Milk River" destination thing ! Again, God bless you all !

What is the Milk River destination thing, I never heard of it.... :scratch:
A certain camo company for several yrs has been doing videos of the deer hunting in that area
The most experienced novice Turkey hunter the good Lord ever created !
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

That's crazy to have that much land and hunt right beside you on the fence. I lay in bed at night thinking about owning a bunch of land (after winning the lottery) and planting food plots, Redneck Blinds, cameras, ATV trails, cabin and an entire hunt camp. If I had a good neighbor like you, I would want to work together and have you on my property if I wasn't able to be around all the time. Hell, give you a key and say here it is, have at it! Just stay in communication and become friends, etc.

I don't know, I probably would have gone Bat Chit Crazy on him and told him, park in my way, drive in my yard again and your Jeep won't be there next time, hit the road you Liberal Beeatch!

OH, by the way, Grump and me can come put some WhoopAzz on him if needed!!!!!!!!!!1
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

" This guy parked right in the middle of my road "

If the road is your property, post it with "No Trespassing" & "No Parking" signs. Then, if he
parks there, have his vehicle towed. If he would have been nice & asked you instead of
being a barney about it, different story.

I just had another GREAT idea: Get a big ole boom box & play INNA-GADDA-DA-VIDA at full volume!!!!
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

HunterGKS wrote: November 18th, 2018, 9:46 am " This guy parked right in the middle of my road "

If the road is your property, post it with "No Trespassing" & "No Parking" signs. Then, if he
parks there, have his vehicle towed. If he would have been nice & asked you instead of
Last year when I first met him by my first gate I gave him a jet to it so he could drive on in and park. I did tell him just leave room for me to drive around you because I'm here most Saturday's or Sunday's. Also told him if he needed anything while I was there just come get me. Offered the use of my 4-wheeler even if I wasn't there. That's why I was kind of dumbfounded when he approached me the way he did.

Like Firedup mentioned, the feeder in my front yard may be a factor. But the actual landowner told me that the 4 guys that have the 3500 acres leased has numerous feeders on it. I'm. It sure why the guy hunts where he does. It is what they would consider the backside of their property. I guess it's kind of like lake fishing. People that put their boat in the water on the South side head to the North shore to fish and people who put their boat in on the North side head for the South shore.
Double Naught Spy!
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

guesswho wrote: November 18th, 2018, 10:26 am
HunterGKS wrote: November 18th, 2018, 9:46 am " This guy parked right in the middle of my road "

Last year when I first met him by my first gate I gave him a jet to it so he could drive on in and park. I did tell him just leave room for me to drive around you because I'm here most Saturday's or Sunday's. Also told him if he needed anything while I was there just come get me. Offered the use of my 4-wheeler even if I wasn't there.
No good deed goes unpunished. I still think you should employ my INNA-GADDA-DA-VIDA strategy. Iron Butterfly would be honored.
George

Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

If the guy is a total douche bag, I would treat him as such. If he has any semblance of decency, I would try to reason with him. Your road, your property, your well fed deer! He doesn’t have a leg to stand on other than being on “his” side of the fence! You owe him nothing!! His temperament would dictate how I treated him. Period!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Hognutz wrote: November 18th, 2018, 12:39 pm If the guy is a total douche bag, I would treat him as such. If he has any semblance of decency, I would try to reason with him. Your road, your property, your well fed deer! He doesn’t have a leg to stand on other than being on “his” side of the fence! You owe him nothing!! His temperament would dictate how I treated him. Period!!
I was gonna post something similar. I hate fence sitting around here we have alot of 40 or 20s so sometimes it can't be avoided. 3500 crazy

If I were him I'd a came over said "hey can you please wait til lunch to do this stuff seeings it's opening weekend" probably got him further

As for truck that's assonine

I call our deer season "deer wars*
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

There's a special insanity that strikes Ohio from mid October thru the week after thanksgiving. Public land gun season has always been tough, internet and forums and t.v. shows have convinced America that Ohio has booners in every bush. As others have said, glad turkey season has remained basically sane.
firedup

Post by firedup »

Hope things get worked out. But either way I am with GKS on this one.....
Get a big ole boom box & play INNA-GADDA-DA-VIDA at full volume!!!!
Showing my age...I l love that song! :wink: :lol:
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

firedup wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm Hope things get worked out. But either way I am with GKS on this one.....
The BEST drum solo EVER!!!!

Ronnie, If'n you don't have a boom box, you can play this on your super doper cell phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4
George

guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I can run it through the Yota speakers now. That should gobgreat with my chainsaw next Saturday.
Double Naught Spy!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

HunterGKS wrote: November 18th, 2018, 9:20 pm
firedup wrote: November 18th, 2018, 6:51 pm Hope things get worked out. But either way I am with GKS on this one.....
The BEST drum solo EVER!!!!

Ronnie, If'n you don't have a boom box, you can play this on your super doper cell phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4
this is hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulDC1w1ydLI

Return to “Gobbler Talk”