Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Talk about handloading, patterns, and commercial shells/ammo here.
Swampchickin234
Posts: 124
Joined: January 28th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Swampchickin234 » August 17th, 2017, 10:55 pm

I mean 8 bucks for a bag of seals ain't gonna kill ya is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » August 18th, 2017, 6:31 am

Swampchickin234 wrote:
August 17th, 2017, 10:55 pm
I mean 8 bucks for a bag of seals ain't gonna kill ya is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What?

2Shooter
Posts: 561
Joined: January 6th, 2016, 9:18 pm
Location: North Georgia

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by 2Shooter » August 18th, 2017, 1:40 pm

Larry wrote:
August 17th, 2017, 7:06 pm
Shooter wrote:
August 17th, 2017, 5:56 pm
Just so you know Larry,.... Barry IS the reason I didn't respond!!!! :toothy7:
BTW, if you need a recipe for a 3oz that will do over 1100fps, you just let me know. 8-)
Legit,.... at 900fps??? :LMAO: :LMAO:
I ain't here to start a pissing match, or get in a pissing match, I could care less. All I can say is he has been very helpful to me, and seems very knowledgeable. I'm not looking for a 3 oz load, but did read the Facebook post. From what I read, I don't believe the "legit" comment is a mine is better than yours, but rather it's "legit" and tested within safe pressures.

It's obvious you guys have some kind of hatred for this man, and I only know what hoobilly messaged me and what I've seen here, so I won't comment on that. All I'm gonna say is It all seems childish on both sides of the fence. The way I see it we are all on the same team, we are all hunters, and all enjoy the outdoors that the good lord provided for us. It ain't worth living life letting the petty stuff consume you.
Hey Larry, or should I say Barry. Why don't you ask Barry how he put the screws to Shooter all the while he was calling him a friend!!! :o

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » August 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Y'all have made it very clear that new comers will get very little help here. I will stick with the outside sources I've found, they at least seem to be willing to help, and get back to me in a timely manner.

User avatar
poorcountrypreacher
Posts: 524
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by poorcountrypreacher » August 19th, 2017, 9:54 am

Larry wrote:
August 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Y'all have made it very clear that new comers will get very little help here. I will stick with the outside sources I've found, they at least seem to be willing to help, and get back to me in a timely manner.
I think GN is very helpful to newcomers, but maybe you have unrealistic expectations. It takes a lot of time and money to develop safe and tested recipes. The people that are in the business of selling shot have developed most of them, and they usually provide the recipes to their customers. You apparently bought your shot from someone else, so I don't see why you would think Shooter should provide you with a recipe.

Just from my perspective, it's like you bought a TV from Walmart and are now perturbed with Best Buy because they won't provide you with tech support. I'm sure not trying to be rude; just would like for you to understand how others are probably seeing your request. Good luck with finding the recipe you need.

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » August 19th, 2017, 10:14 am

poorcountrypreacher wrote:
August 19th, 2017, 9:54 am
Larry wrote:
August 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Y'all have made it very clear that new comers will get very little help here. I will stick with the outside sources I've found, they at least seem to be willing to help, and get back to me in a timely manner.
I think GN is very helpful to newcomers, but maybe you have unrealistic expectations. It takes a lot of time and money to develop safe and tested recipes. The people that are in the business of selling shot have developed most of them, and they usually provide the recipes to their customers. You apparently bought your shot from someone else, so I don't see why you would think Shooter should provide you with a recipe.

Just from my perspective, it's like you bought a TV from Walmart and are now perturbed with Best Buy because they won't provide you with tech support. I'm sure not trying to be rude; just would like for you to understand how others are probably seeing your request. Good luck with finding the recipe you need.
Sorry, and not trying to be rude either preacher, but that's just it, and it proves my earlier statement even more. Like I said at the beginning, I needed to know who to talk to about a load, I'm not looking for a hand out, and never have been. I've read enough to know how the process works, and I'm 100% fine with that. With that said, I haven't purchased any shot from anyone yet, so the Walmart/BestBuy anology is incorrect. I did however seek out other avenues, because I have gotten nothing from the sources I was directed towards by members here in this thread.

User avatar
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3400
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 6:50 pm
Location: Bumpass VA, moving to Fuget KY

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by guesswho » August 19th, 2017, 11:52 am

Larry wrote:
August 19th, 2017, 10:14 am
because I have gotten nothing from the sources I was directed towards by members here in this thread.
I didn't follow the whole original fiasco with Stan due to lack of interest. But I think Stan and Barry and a few others are the same person. So I did give you a valid source that helped you, and on a timely manner. I just didn't read your follow up question of who is Stan. But it seems you found him. Good luck with the load your working on.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » August 19th, 2017, 12:38 pm

guesswho wrote:
August 19th, 2017, 11:52 am
Larry wrote:
August 19th, 2017, 10:14 am
because I have gotten nothing from the sources I was directed towards by members here in this thread.
I didn't follow the whole original fiasco with Stan due to lack of interest. But I think Stan and Barry and a few others are the same person. So I did give you a valid source that helped you, and on a timely manner. I just didn't read your follow up question of who is Stan. But it seems you found him. Good luck with the load your working on.
You are technically correct, so I will give you that much. BTW, thanks for the suggestion.😃

User avatar
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3400
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 6:50 pm
Location: Bumpass VA, moving to Fuget KY

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by guesswho » August 19th, 2017, 1:01 pm

:lol: :thumbup:
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff

User avatar
poorcountrypreacher
Posts: 524
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by poorcountrypreacher » August 19th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Larry wrote:
August 19th, 2017, 10:14 am
poorcountrypreacher wrote:
August 19th, 2017, 9:54 am
Larry wrote:
August 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Y'all have made it very clear that new comers will get very little help here. I will stick with the outside sources I've found, they at least seem to be willing to help, and get back to me in a timely manner.
I think GN is very helpful to newcomers, but maybe you have unrealistic expectations. It takes a lot of time and money to develop safe and tested recipes. The people that are in the business of selling shot have developed most of them, and they usually provide the recipes to their customers. You apparently bought your shot from someone else, so I don't see why you would think Shooter should provide you with a recipe.

Just from my perspective, it's like you bought a TV from Walmart and are now perturbed with Best Buy because they won't provide you with tech support. I'm sure not trying to be rude; just would like for you to understand how others are probably seeing your request. Good luck with finding the recipe you need.
Sorry, and not trying to be rude either preacher, but that's just it, and it proves my earlier statement even more. Like I said at the beginning, I needed to know who to talk to about a load, I'm not looking for a hand out, and never have been. I've read enough to know how the process works, and I'm 100% fine with that. With that said, I haven't purchased any shot from anyone yet, so the Walmart/BestBuy anology is incorrect. I did however seek out other avenues, because I have gotten nothing from the sources I was directed towards by members here in this thread.
My apologies then, if you haven't already purchased your shot. I think that my perception of what you wanted was likely shared by others here. Looks like it's mainly just a misunderstanding. I think if your original question had been where to buy some tss shot and find the recipe that you needed, then you would have gotten several responses and that would have been the end of it.

So to answer your question, Shooter is one source on here. Hawglips has been selling shot and providing recipes for nearly a decade, and I know that Reloader has sold shot at times and also has a bunch of recipes. There may be others on here that have shot for sale, but those are the 3 that I know about. If your FB connection doesn't work out, you could contact any of those guys. Good luck

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » October 28th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Super simple loading 3” 2 1/4 oz load, hull, powder, wad, shot, buffer and crimp that’s all. 1175 fps and 11500 pressure. It also shoots very well at 40 yds out of a Browning Gold/.680 Carlson’s.

Image

User avatar
turkeyinstrut
Posts: 397
Joined: April 13th, 2016, 11:32 am

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by turkeyinstrut » October 28th, 2017, 4:28 pm

hoobilly wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 6:14 pm
guesswho wrote:
August 15th, 2017, 3:09 pm
I'd ask Fictitious Stan.
fixed it for you..
:LMAO: :LMAO:
:stir: :stir: :stir: :D

User avatar
turkeyinstrut
Posts: 397
Joined: April 13th, 2016, 11:32 am

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by turkeyinstrut » October 28th, 2017, 4:40 pm

377 in the 10"? I'm very close to that with a 1 5/8 oz. load my M2 20 ga. That is a purdy even pattern though.

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » October 28th, 2017, 5:37 pm

turkeyinstrut wrote:377 in the 10"? I'm very close to that with a 1 5/8 oz. load my M2 20 ga. That is a purdy even pattern though.
And another 320 in the 10”-20”, with 354/oz #9s.

Whats your 1 5/8” doing in the 10”-20”? That was a .680” choke, not looking for super tight pattern, going for an even 20” circle. It could be tightened up tremendously, if you wanted super high numbers in the 10” circle.

Fl strutter
Posts: 129
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 6:23 pm
Location: Jasper, Florida

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Fl strutter » October 28th, 2017, 9:29 pm

That's an awesome hunting pattern no matter what

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 4124
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by hoobilly » October 29th, 2017, 8:21 am

turkeyinstrut wrote:377 in the 10"? I'm very close to that with a 1 5/8 oz. load my M2 20 ga. That is a purdy even pattern though.
Yeah it’s a nice pattern. But I wouldn’t trade BlueThunders 2oz pattern (which imo is a little nice) for another 1/4oz of shot..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » October 29th, 2017, 9:11 am

hoobilly wrote:
turkeyinstrut wrote:377 in the 10"? I'm very close to that with a 1 5/8 oz. load my M2 20 ga. That is a purdy even pattern though.
Yeah it’s a nice pattern. But I wouldn’t trade BlueThunders 2oz pattern (which imo is a little nice) for another 1/4oz of shot..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that’s the beauty of being able to load your own, you can shoot whatever load you want.

Nothing wrong with a load that’s a little nice, as you say yours is, however I like mine real nice!

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 4124
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by hoobilly » October 29th, 2017, 10:39 am

Larry wrote:
October 29th, 2017, 9:11 am
hoobilly wrote:
turkeyinstrut wrote:377 in the 10"? I'm very close to that with a 1 5/8 oz. load my M2 20 ga. That is a purdy even pattern though.
Yeah it’s a nice pattern. But I wouldn’t trade BlueThunders 2oz pattern (which imo is a little nice) for another 1/4oz of shot..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that’s the beauty of being able to load your own, you can shoot whatever load you want.

Nothing wrong with a load that’s a little nice, as you say yours is, however I like mine real nice!
This is better than nice..
Attachments
CFB4E5FC-7678-44CB-A1B0-D11CBF95F232.jpeg

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » October 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm

hoobilly wrote:
Larry wrote:
October 29th, 2017, 9:11 am
hoobilly wrote: Yeah it’s a nice pattern. But I wouldn’t trade BlueThunders 2oz pattern (which imo is a little nice) for another 1/4oz of shot..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that’s the beauty of being able to load your own, you can shoot whatever load you want.

Nothing wrong with a load that’s a little nice, as you say yours is, however I like mine real nice!
This is better than nice..
That’s not too bad, but 380/oz #9s and a tighter choke will do that for you.

Like I said I’m not looking for a tight 10”, but more of a full even 20”. No telling what I could get in the 10” with 380 count 9s and a tighter choke, with that 2 1/4 oz load.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 4124
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by hoobilly » October 29th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Larry wrote:
October 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm
That’s not too bad, but 380/oz #9s and a tighter choke will do that for you.

Like I said I’m not looking for a tight 10”, but more of a full even 20”. No telling what I could get in the 10” with 380 count 9s and a tighter choke, with that 2 1/4 oz load.
Yep no telling that’s right. Probably a super duper out of this world load. 😂
I don’t need a extra 1/4 oz personally and thinking less is more since TSS cost is increasing

Larry
Posts: 20
Joined: July 24th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Re: Easy 2 1/4 oz 12 gauge TSS load

Post by Larry » October 29th, 2017, 12:49 pm

hoobilly wrote:
Larry wrote:
October 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm
That’s not too bad, but 380/oz #9s and a tighter choke will do that for you.

Like I said I’m not looking for a tight 10”, but more of a full even 20”. No telling what I could get in the 10” with 380 count 9s and a tighter choke, with that 2 1/4 oz load.
Yep no telling that’s right. Probably a super duper out of this world load.
I don’t need a extra 1/4 oz personally and thinking less is more since TSS cost is increasing
I figure 525-550 in the 10 is probably doable if I had some 380 ct #9s/#9.25s. I’ll stick with what I’m shooting though. Honestly 2 oz isn’t even needed, but this is a free world and we can shoot what we want.

Post Reply

Return to “Handloading, Ammo & Patterns”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests