APEX Ammo TSS

Talk about handloading, patterns, and commercial shells/ammo here.
Buck39647

APEX Ammo TSS

Post by Buck39647 » April 2nd, 2017, 8:36 am

Anyone have any info on APEX ammo ? Seen they offering loaded TSS rounds but haven't seen any Ballistic Testing reports on any of there loads. I was just wondering if any of you guys know this company or had any dealings with them before? I did see a member here name mentioned on FB. just didn't know if any others here can provide any info on the company . Thanks

Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: APEX Ammo TSS

Post by Johndoe » April 2nd, 2017, 12:05 pm

Buck39647 wrote:Anyone have any info on APEX ammo ? Seen they offering loaded TSS rounds but haven't seen any Ballistic Testing reports on any of there loads. I was just wondering if any of you guys know this company or had any dealings with them before? I did see a member here name mentioned on FB. just didn't know if any others here can provide any info on the company . Thanks
Methods of obtaining load data is suspect. Unclear how honest they are.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that

10ga.

Post by 10ga. » April 2nd, 2017, 12:41 pm

Seems like everyone keeps suggesting that they have stolen the load data from members here. I read on their page that they have been using precision reloading for all their ballistic testing and all ammo were within the saami recommended guidelines.

I for one am glad to see someone step up and offer a product to the hunting community that hasnt been offered before.

The problem i see from their advertising is promoting shooting at turkeys longer then anybody should....now every wannabe Hollywood hunter is going to be making 80yd bushwack shots at ambushed gobblers to maybe put a picture on Facebook. Winchester has done it with the longbeards as well. While these shoot unbelievable lead patterns, lead number 6 is still lead number 6. While the pattern density is there, the penetration is not. I see people on the internet all the time talking about shooting lead 6s at 60-70 yds. That just turns my stomach.

I miss the good ol days before turkey hunting was cool. Being able to hunt for days on public ground and never seeing anybody. Those days are long gone
Last edited by 10ga. on April 2nd, 2017, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

howl

Post by howl » April 2nd, 2017, 1:41 pm

I ain't glad. The idea of the general public toting howitzers loaded with canister concerns me.

turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer » April 2nd, 2017, 2:19 pm

10ga. wrote:
I miss the good ol days before turkey was cool. Being able to hunt for days on public ground and never seeing anybody. Those days are long gone
Amen

Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter » April 2nd, 2017, 4:08 pm

They claim they obtained all the load data from Hal, directly or indirectly, I couldn't tell you.
So if this is correct, yes, the loads have been tested at PR and are safe.
They also found out the two big 2 1/2oz loads were actually mine, and obtained my phone number.
They gave me a call yesterday and were very gracious about it. They even posted a vid, testing the 10 ga load, and explained to everyone,
it was developed by me several times.

I wish them luck on their new venture.

hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hoobilly » April 2nd, 2017, 5:50 pm

Shooter wrote:They claim they obtained all the load data from Hal, directly or indirectly, I couldn't tell you.
So if this is correct, yes, the loads have been tested at PR and are safe.
They also found out the two big 2 1/2oz loads were actually mine, and obtained my phone number.
They gave me a call yesterday and were very gracious about it. They even posted a vid, testing the 10 ga load, and explained to everyone,
it was developed by me several times.

I wish them luck on their new venture.
:thumbleft: Hopefully they will be able to keep all them fellers who want tss satisfied on the fakebook forums

I personally think that fakebook may not be good overall for the turkey hunting industry. way to many citidiots are jumping in on the latest craze and fashion hoping to magically kill any turkey they see.

Artilleryman

Post by Artilleryman » April 2nd, 2017, 6:26 pm

Hey Shooter we cant thank you enough. To clear the air there was a gentlemans agreement between Hal and Nick that if we were to sell any shells with his recipe that we would buy shot from him exclusively. Since then we have developed our own load strings and have phased out Hals recipe. Shooter reached out and we discussed a few things. Turns out that the 10 gauge recipe and 3.5 inch 2.5 oz load are his recipes. We will be marketing shooters recipes in both those loads with his permission. The people on here assumed that we were operating under sketchy business practices and that is not the case.

Thank you,
Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition

WV Ridge Reaper

Post by WV Ridge Reaper » April 2nd, 2017, 7:17 pm

Good for you coming here and clearing things up and getting right with shooter!

Sent from somewhere deep in West By God

Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe » April 2nd, 2017, 7:56 pm

Artilleryman wrote:Hey Shooter we cant thank you enough. To clear the air there was a gentlemans agreement between Hal and Nick that if we were to sell any shells with his recipe that we would buy shot from him exclusively. Since then we have developed our own load strings and have phased out Hals recipe. Shooter reached out and we discussed a few things. Turns out that the 10 gauge recipe and 3.5 inch 2.5 oz load are his recipes. We will be marketing shooters recipes in both those loads with his permission. The people on here assumed that we were operating under sketchy business practices and that is not the case.

Thank you,
Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition
Perhaps if you had been this forthcoming when asked on your Facebook page instead of deleting the two posts requesting info this would not have gotten to a place where your integrity has been questioned. The term "poached" has been used. The man who used this term has not recanted.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that

Artilleryman

Post by Artilleryman » April 2nd, 2017, 8:22 pm

Sorry for that but everyone was trying to start an internet argument on our page. They assumed that we stole load recipes before even seeing our shells or knowing the facts. We were not going to disclose any load information of ours or hals because it was part of hals wishes. The person who said we "poached" these recipes can say what they want but these are the facts. If any hals recipes come out of our shop it will be with the tungsten we purchased from him. We decided it was time to pony up and start letting the guys have access to this who do not have the time or money to buy reloading equipment. Saying that, starting a ammunition company has not been easy and has been very cumbersome process. We wish you guys luck this season and we apologize if we stepped on any toes.

Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition

killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump » April 2nd, 2017, 8:55 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Southern Sportsman

Post by Southern Sportsman » April 2nd, 2017, 8:59 pm

Artilleryman wrote:Sorry for that but everyone was trying to start an internet argument on our page. They assumed that we stole load recipes before even seeing our shells or knowing the facts. We were not going to disclose any load information of ours or hals because it was part of hals wishes. The person who said we "poached" these recipes can say what they want but these are the facts. If any hals recipes come out of our shop it will be with the tungsten we purchased from him. We decided it was time to pony up and start letting the guys have access to this who do not have the time or money to buy reloading equipment. Saying that, starting a ammunition company has not been easy and has been very cumbersome process. We wish you guys luck this season and we apologize if we stepped on any toes.

Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition
Pretty solid explaination, and a stand up way to approach things. I wish you well.

TSS is better than everything else because of physics. I'm happy for people to have access to it. But please, for the sake of this sport we all love, don't promote 70+ yard shots. It's busch league.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

Artilleryman

Post by Artilleryman » April 2nd, 2017, 9:12 pm

Yeah brother I didn't think about it when I posted it. I only was going off what information I received. Pardon my lack of awareness, I didn't think about the appearance of "78 steps" on our page. I was corrected on my post and will not disclose distances again on further posted hunts.

And we also do not condone long shots either. Just some people get in the moment and misjudge the distance.

Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition

Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe » April 2nd, 2017, 9:37 pm

Artilleryman wrote:Sorry for that but everyone was trying to start an internet argument on our page. They assumed that we stole load recipes before even seeing our shells or knowing the facts. We were not going to disclose any load information of ours or hals because it was part of hals wishes. The person who said we "poached" these recipes can say what they want but these are the facts. If any hals recipes come out of our shop it will be with the tungsten we purchased from him. We decided it was time to pony up and start letting the guys have access to this who do not have the time or money to buy reloading equipment. Saying that, starting a ammunition company has not been easy and has been very cumbersome process. We wish you guys luck this season and we apologize if we stepped on any toes.

Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition
If I recall this is all you were asked for.

What's up with that

killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump » April 3rd, 2017, 9:13 am

Artilleryman wrote:Hey Shooter we cant thank you enough. To clear the air there was a gentlemans agreement between Hal and Nick that if we were to sell any shells with his recipe that we would buy shot from him exclusively. Since then we have developed our own load strings and have phased out Hals recipe. Shooter reached out and we discussed a few things. Turns out that the 10 gauge recipe and 3.5 inch 2.5 oz load are his recipes. We will be marketing shooters recipes in both those loads with his permission. The people on here assumed that we were operating under sketchy business practices and that is not the case.

Thank you,
Jared Lewis
Apex Ammunition
On a very uncommon serious note From me. Did you call tommy or did tommy cal you guys?

Southern Sportsman

Post by Southern Sportsman » April 3rd, 2017, 9:22 am

Tommy's post above says they tracked down his phone number and called him. Which is impressive to me.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly

killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump » April 3rd, 2017, 9:33 am

Southern Sportsman wrote:Tommy's post above says they tracked down his phone number and called him. Which is impressive to me.
And apex ammo says tommy reached out to them.

howl

Post by howl » April 3rd, 2017, 10:42 am

We got any lawyers? What happens if in a civil suit they argue that the season is designed around short range weapons, but you went out of your way to work around the rules to use a long range cartridge? Might want to limit those cartridges to #9s to avoid liability lawsuits.

Southern Sportsman

Post by Southern Sportsman » April 3rd, 2017, 11:10 am

howl wrote:We got any lawyers? What happens if in a civil suit they argue that the season is designed around short range weapons, but you went out of your way to work around the rules to use a long range cartridge? Might want to limit those cartridges to #9s to avoid liability lawsuits.
Too many variables to know for sure, but I know some plaintiffs lawyers who would be very willing to make that argument. If you shot a shotgun and injured someone 100 yards away with a TSS pellet, there is an argument to be made.

killerstump
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by killerstump » April 3rd, 2017, 11:15 am

If they burn somebody up at 100 just walk on out and finish them off that way theys only 1 story

Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter » April 3rd, 2017, 11:42 am

Very simple fellas, One of my customers lives in the region of these folks. I asked him if he heard of Apex.
He said, Yes. I said if you ever get to talk with them, send them my way if they are looking for shot.
He did so, and gave them my phone number.
So, there's your answer in full detail.

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS » April 3rd, 2017, 5:09 pm

If someone is shooting at turkey at 40-50 yards, is the trajectory such that the shot will carry a 100 yards when the shot is at something 3" tall?? I don't see liability issues with TSS. Lead #2's are legal shot and anyone aware of liability issues with it?? It's always the shooter's responsibility to make sure nothing is behind the target that shouldn't be. #4 lead drops 8.8" at 60 yards from bore line. Bet is more than double that at 100 yards.
http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.sho ... actor.html

fountain

Post by fountain » April 3rd, 2017, 7:19 pm

When will the loads be available for purchase?

Biggwill

Post by Biggwill » April 4th, 2017, 8:49 am

I think their page said april 10th

Return to “Handloading, Ammo & Patterns”