A5 20

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Chrmayo

A5 20

Post by Chrmayo »

Been lurking for a while and just joined. My 7 yr old has decided he wants to hunt with me a little. I have an a5 light 20 that only shoots 2 3/4 and has improved cylinder barrel. It was handed down from my father in law and I thought it would be neat for both of us to use it. What do you guys suggest to shoot out of it and what would you think the limit would be for the short shell and improved barrel. Any help is appreciated thanks

Chris
jryser

Re: A5 20

Post by jryser »

If it’s a Belgian, use some Longbeard XR. I’m pretty sure they make it in 20. Pattern at 40 yards and in. You can find a miroku barrel for that gun online or at least a full choke browning barrel - you should be ok! What year is ur A5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Not sure how to find the year but it is belgian made and has smooth no rib barrel. But man this thing is light and would be sweet to tote in the woods.
Jbird22

Post by Jbird22 »

I have two Belgium A5 Light 20's and wouldn't dream of running TSS through them. Bad thing is, TSS would be most effective of any available load with your IMP CYL barrel. Like jryser said, I'd look for a Miroku barrel with either a fixed full of possibly screw in chokes if I just had to turkey hunt with it. 

As far as dating your A5, look here >>> https://www.browning.com/support/date-y ... otgun.html
Last edited by Jbird22 on January 31st, 2019, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contact Info - 4XWADSLITTER@GMAIL.COM
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

A lightened up load in the 2 3/4” HotRod would work. Probably want to use 7’s and drop a couple grains of powder to reduce recoil. I would have to kill at least one gobbler with it.
How nice of shape is it?

Miroku barrels use winchoke and it wouldn’t take much to get it shooting with TSS. Them miroku barrels are getting pricey now a days tho.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Spuriosity
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Spuriosity »

Why 7s???
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

The Miroku barrels are the ticket! I have a Belgian 20ga that I purchased a Japanese barrel for it to have choke tubes put in. Planning on sending it to Mike Orlen later
jryser

Post by jryser »

Spuriosity wrote:Why 7s???
Indiana law

jryser

Post by jryser »

Turkinator wrote:The Miroku barrels are the ticket! I have a Belgian 20ga that I purchased a Japanese barrel for it to have choke tubes put in. Planning on sending it to Mike Orlen later
Here ya go! Watch this!!!
https://youtu.be/gweMpcz9nik

Chrmayo

Post by Chrmayo »

Video was awesome. I've been wondering about loading them. What is the difference in the cost and performance in rolling your own vs buying apex.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Chrmayo wrote: February 9th, 2019, 12:47 pm Video was awesome. I've been wondering about loading them. What is the difference in the cost and performance in rolling your own vs buying apex.
Cheaper to buy Apex than loading your own. But if your wanting quality control and looking to load for several guns etc then loading your own has benefits.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
jryser

Post by jryser »

hoobilly wrote:
Chrmayo wrote: February 9th, 2019, 12:47 pm Video was awesome. I've been wondering about loading them. What is the difference in the cost and performance in rolling your own vs buying apex.
Cheaper to buy Apex than loading your own. But if your wanting quality control and looking to load for several guns etc then loading your own has benefits.
Plus it’s just DARNED FUN to do it! This is all Hoobilly’s fault too! [emoji23]

jryser

Post by jryser »

Chrmayo wrote:Video was awesome. I've been wondering about loading them. What is the difference in the cost and performance in rolling your own vs buying apex.
Thank you! I have upgraded a few things but the bottom line is still the same. Loading my own is just plain fun!

Return to “Small Bore”