Best reflex sight

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
puppy

Best reflex sight

Post by puppy »

Opinions on the best reflex sight, will be on a .410 used by an 8yo so it will be dropped and needs to be rugged and simple to use. Thanks in advance.
Southern Sportsman
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Best reflex sight

Post by Southern Sportsman »

The Burris Fastfire 3 and the Vortex Venom both have strong followings. I’ve got a Burris FF3 and love it. With either, given your need for durability in the hands of a young hunter, get a sumtoy mount designed with the built-in protector.
I go stubbornly into error by myself, and reach my own fallacious conclusions using my own faulty data. ~Tom Kelly
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Not exactly the same, but Eotechs have a reputation for still working after having been practically destroyed.

I vote Leupold with triangle reticle, but Trijicons are a close second. I was going to get a Leupold myself, but I found a way to get a Fastfire III for $74. They're good enough.

For a kid, I'd get the Fastfire and leave the cover on all the time. You want the lens cover so bug spray isn't smeared on the lens. DEET eats polymer.

Is there a protector which allows the Fastfire cover to be used?
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

howl wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 2:48 pm Not exactly the same, but Eotechs have a reputation for still working after having been practically destroyed.

I vote Leupold with triangle reticle, but Trijicons are a close second. I was going to get a Leupold myself, but I found a way to get a Fastfire III for $74. They're good enough.

For a kid, I'd get the Fastfire and leave the cover on all the time. You want the lens cover so bug spray isn't smeared on the lens. DEET eats polymer.

Is there a protector which allows the Fastfire cover to be used?
I believe Sumtoy's combo base/protector will allow use of the sight's cover.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

I have the FF3 and my cover works with the warbird protector
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Better is the enemy of good enough. The Fast Fire series is a cheaper (less expensive, not shoddy) version of the more expensive Docter series. Big plus for FF series is Burris's customer service. There must be hundreds of them in use and rarely is heard a complaint here or on other boards.
mrlongbeard

Post by mrlongbeard »

Trijicon RMR
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

Burris FF3 and or the FF2
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
USMC0331

Post by USMC0331 »

As far as best, Aimpoint is #1, Trijicon, Eotechs, Doctor, Zeiss, (FFIII Vortex Razor Leupold)
fountain

Post by fountain »

For reflex, the ff2 and ff3 will be the ones to beat.

I put a bushnell trs-25 on my little 301t and initial impressions are good. Seems like a really nice and cheap red dot option. Time will tell. I havent shot it yet

Return to “Small Bore”