Sights on Yildiz .410 Single

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Fdept56

Sights on Yildiz .410 Single

Post by Fdept56 »

I just got this gun and haven’t even had a chance to shoot it yet but from what I’ve read they have a problem shooting POA. I would like to add some kind of rear sight anyway, especially with it not having a vent rib. I have an 870 with a reflex sight that I love but not really wanting to go that route. I was looking at epoxying an adjustable pistol sight directly over the firing pin. Has anyone else added a sight to theirs?
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Sights on Yildiz .410 Single

Post by Hoobilly »

Buddy in Ky epoxied rifle sights on a 10ga NEF and it worked good
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

In looking at one with the stock removed, there appears to be enough metal thickness above the pin to judiciously drill and tap for screws. It's also a fairly flat surface. Seems I recall someone who cast a base to fit that section of the action. There was a poster from W. VA. who hotglued a piece of a red Pyrodex cap to make a rear sight. The photos of it were posted but are no longer retrievable. He killed birds with it. Gil
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Put the barrel in the fork of a tree. Flex slightly in the direction you want the pattern to go.

I have not actually done this myself. :thumbup:
coconut

Post by coconut »

Has anyone tried something like red loctite to bond a sight on?
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hognutz »

I doubt that loctite,in itself, would hold a sight. It is a thread locker, not a glue or epoxy. It would never dry.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
“Leave the gun, take the cannoli” -Clemensa
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!
Fdept56

Post by Fdept56 »

It will work if anyone is curious about it. I found an adjustable Glock sight and epoxied it on. I didn’t like the big gap to line up the front bead so I filled it with a putty epoxy (I like epoxy if you can’t tell) and smoothed out a smaller gap with a drill bit while still wet. I was afraid the overhang on each side may catch and rip off the sight so I filled in that gap with epoxy also (see above). It will work just fine and I have some adjustment in it but it would probably be better if the rear sight was further from the eye, it gets a little blurry.
8EFE3E18-A30D-4555-8ACB-A4439E5E620C.jpeg
CE64DADD-52CB-40B2-9872-A9E56DBB0F47.jpeg
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

keep us posted regarding results...
Jgoins

Post by Jgoins »

hoobilly wrote: January 1st, 2019, 9:39 am Buddy in Ky epoxied rifle sights on a 10ga NEF and it worked good
Can confirm on 10ga NEF, rifle sights work great.
alpha burnt

Post by alpha burnt »

GLS wrote: January 1st, 2019, 11:00 am In looking at one with the stock removed, there appears to be enough metal thickness above the pin to judiciously drill and tap for screws. It's also a fairly flat surface. Seems I recall someone who cast a base to fit that section of the action. There was a poster from W. VA. who hotglued a piece of a red Pyrodex cap to make a rear sight. The photos of it were posted but are no longer retrievable. He killed birds with it. Gil
LOL! Yea that was me. It worked for several years but this past season, I knocked it off again (happened twice) and I am going to try to get ahold of Sumtoy to have a mount made and possibly get that stock barrel cut and choked. I meant to do it before now, but life gets in the way. Whats his turnaround, is it possible to get it done before April?
reminex

Post by reminex »

I cast my own at that area as well. Used aluminum brazing rods melted down. Worked fine, aluminum is easy to tap. But since I had sent to sumtoy I had him go ahead and put a base on chamber.

Return to “Small Bore”