Stoeger Uplander SXS 20 Gauge

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
jhogue

Stoeger Uplander SXS 20 Gauge

Post by jhogue »

I've been looking at various double barrel options for more than a year now. recently I've been looking a SXS's more than O/U's. I like the option of two triggers to hopefully eliminate confusion, and they look cool. I found this gun on gunbroker and wondered if anyone knew anything about 'em. I know Waddlewacker shoots a CZ Bobwhite. Those look nice too, but are pricier. I've got a Stoeger semi-auto that I'm happy with, so I thought they might successfully make double barrels too. Here is the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/773906154

Can you mount optics on a SXS like some do on O/U's? I assume POA/POI is always a potential issue with any double barrel. Reliability in firing might be a concern. Also, trigger pull might be an important factor.

In O/U, I've looked at the Yildiz guns and the Stevens 555. I generally like the Stevens better, but know they are pretty similar.
Jstocks

Re: Stoeger Uplander SXS 20 Gauge

Post by Jstocks »

I got a buddy who shoots one. He really likes it. I think his post/poi is pretty close. He has the barrels choked different for short and long range.

Return to “Small Bore”