28 Gauge Choke Recommendations

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
duurmeehr

28 Gauge Choke Recommendations

Post by duurmeehr »

I have a new 28 gauge I am going to try and dial up for a turkey now.

I am going to be shooting the 1-5/16 oz TSS load in #9 to start with.

I am going to try the factory chokes to start with.

I know all guns are different but what is your favorite choke for your 28 gauge? If you know the actual diameter it would be helpful to me. It seems the manufacturers in the 28 gauge all call their chokes different (ie a modified will be different diameters between manufacturers)

Another good question is, if I find a flush factory that gets me close to where I need to be, how will it change the pattern going to an extended? Tighter or looser?

I thought for years trying to develop rifle loads to shoot inside one hole was an obsession, shotgun load development is more like a disease!
toasty

Re: 28 Gauge Choke Recommendations

Post by toasty »

My factory full benelli crio was too tight. I posted up some patterns about a month ago. I shoot my factory mod which is .538 which patterns very well with TSS #9s. The crio chokes have a longer than most parallel section, so you may want to try something in the .535 range. IMO, no need to order a special choke for TSS in the 28ga, factory chokes do just fine. Extended chokes the same diameter will almost always pattern tighter due to a longer parallel section.

Return to “Small Bore”