Affinity Compact

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
norINhunter

Affinity Compact

Post by norINhunter »

After going through the great internal struggle of which 20 to buy and going through loads of topics on here. I finally settled on the Franchi Affinity 3 20 ga. Compact. I had originally contemplated just an 870 Compact but after holding an Affinity I had to have it.

The Affinity 3 does come D&T from the factory which was a huge bonus. I'm not overly enthused about the enlarged bolt release or charging handle but it'll suffice.

I knew for this setup I had to be a part of the red dot crowd so I ordered that and after a call to Rob Roberts they recommended just to use the warne base for the FF3. I ordered the warne base and FF3 and last night it arrived. Stupidly I didn't check fitment of the picatiny mount to the base prior to installing the base do to my excitement. However after a little bit of filing with a screw of the same size as the locking screw I finally got it to fit like a glove.

The last piece to this setup will be the addition of a carlsons .575. I'm looking forward to toting this little gun around for this upcoming season and burning some 9s through it.

FullSizeRender.jpg
norINhunter

Re: Affinity Compact

Post by norINhunter »

norINhunter wrote:After going through the great internal struggle of which 20 to buy and going through loads of topics on here. I finally settled on the Franchi Affinity 3 20 ga. Compact. I had originally contemplated just an 870 Compact but after holding an Affinity I had to have it.

The Affinity 3 does come D&T from the factory which was a huge bonus. I'm not overly enthused about the enlarged bolt release or charging handle but it'll suffice.

I knew for this setup I had to be a part of the red dot crowd so I ordered that and after a call to Rob Roberts they recommended just to use the warne base for the FF3. I ordered the warne base and FF3 and last night it arrived. Stupidly I didn't check fitment of the picatiny mount to the base prior to installing the base do to my excitement. However after a little bit of filing with a screw of the same size as the locking screw I finally got it to fit like a glove.

The last piece to this setup will be the addition of a carlsons .575. I'm looking forward to toting this little gun around for this upcoming season and burning some 9s through it.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Don't know why the picture didn't attach but here it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Reloader »

Nice!
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

That should word remarkably!
batsonbe

Post by batsonbe »

Sweet setup. Can’t wait to get my 20ga 870 dialed in
Fizz

Post by Fizz »

Nice!!! I have the same setup but...I switched from the Carlson to a Sumtoy! Big difference. Last 4 have gone down with that rig.
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

I'd try an undertaker .582
Or a primos tightwad .570

My Affinity shoots both of those chokes pretty good. It all depends on what tss load you are shooting.
BumbleFoot

Post by BumbleFoot »

Sweet shooting gun. Maybe my favorite among several 20’s. Don’t know what you plan to shoot through it, but can tell you that that Carlson 575 is extraordinarily tight with 1.625 ounces of TSS; at least it is with the 26” barrel. You’ll appreciate that dot...
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

IMG_3414.PNG
The Carlson 587 cremator shoots a nice hunting pattern too.
norINhunter

Post by norINhunter »

Jstocks wrote: March 21st, 2018, 8:03 pm I'd try an undertaker .582
Or a primos tightwad .570

My Affinity shoots both of those chokes pretty good. It all depends on what tss load you are shooting.
Funny enough I ordered those two on Monday to try out I got em both for dirt cheap. The trulock .585 is pretty inconsistent but occasionally will through up a 250 in 10 and 230 in the 20. The Indian creek is Thor's hammer but I'm not interested in shooting a mini rifle. The carlsons has been not very good. I'm shooting a 1 5/8oz of 9s. I'm hoping after this weekend I can get a pattern I'm wanting

Return to “Small Bore”