20ga O/U BUILD IDEAS

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
K9Doc

20ga O/U BUILD IDEAS

Post by K9Doc »

Saw a nice 20ga O/U Yildiz recently.
Would like to hear about others and see some pics of your setups. Prefer selectable triggers
Post em up BOYZ!!
MeadowCreekMounts

Re: 20ga O/U BUILD IDEAS

Post by MeadowCreekMounts »

I really saw no other options aside from the CZ Mallard that has 2 triggers. I got one a couple of years back and had Briley make an eccentric choke for the bottom barrel.
Bossgobbler

Post by Bossgobbler »

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Get on the horn and found out what will be done if the barrel regulation is not close enough for turkeys. The list gets short real quick.
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

Based on multiple experiences of someone who has set up many more 2 barreled guns than I ever will.....a SxS will likely cause you less grief. O/U’s have always given me POA/POI issues, mostly with the bottom barrel shooting too low. I set up my first SxS last year, with hesitation, and it worked out perfectly, as he said it would. Double triggers are a huge positive. Love that feature on mine. I was constantly checking the selector on O/U’s I hunted, and always worried if I had it on the correct barrel for the situation. As mentioned earlier, the CZ Mallard is the only one I’m aware of with 2 triggers, and it’s now been discontinued. I hunted with O/U’s for several years. Doubt I’ll go back. Out of quite a few, I’ve only ever had one that did what I wanted it to...CZ Woodcock in 28. Still prefer the SxS and double triggers. My specific setup now is a CZ Bobwhite in 28, XF in the tight barrel (averaging 260), improved cylinder in the open barrel...no numbers on the open barrel, but it is a nice even 20”+ circle of death at 20.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Arkansas Dave

Post by Arkansas Dave »

I’m on my second Browning Micro Midas 20 gauge, because I let someone talk me out of my first one. I won’t call any names, but he used to shoot 870s. I run a Jeb’s 560 in the top pipe and a Carlson Light Modified in the bottom pipe. I ran fiber optic sights on the first one clamped to the rib and on the current one I have a Trijicon RMR after an operator error left me with a dead battery with a gobbler at 30 yards and closing. The shorter length of pull of the micro series is nice one is sitting against a tree or twisted around out of position. Both guns have 24” barrels and I didn’t have any issue with the barrels shooting to the same POA. I sight in with the top barrel and tight choke and the bottom is open enough that I’m covered. Birds have died from 7 steps to 57 with no issue. Barrel selector/safety is on the rear tang and operates quietly and positively.
Arkansas Dave

Post by Arkansas Dave »

6C16AB97-C4E3-49DB-852A-4A033C6B3C26.jpeg
This is the current o/u prior to the optics
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

This is my Savage Steven’s 555 with a IC .555 choke in the top barrel, and factory full in the bottom barrel. Poa/Poi is spot on for both barrels with the top barrel sighted in at 40 yards. Have killed turkeys from 10 to 35 yards with this set up. At 5.5 lbs this is one of my best set ups!!!
87434B85-7793-4EA3-B953-71922281F45C.jpeg
TrumpetMan

Post by TrumpetMan »

I found a well used 20 Gauge Browning Citori for $300.00. Selectable triggers and its light. I added the TrueLock HW7 choke for the top barrel and an extended TruLock Modified tube for the bottom. A rib mounted Trijicon RMR for the old eyes.

Shoots to point of aim for both barrels and with TSS it fills all my turkey shooting needs.
"I'd really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" - Tom Kelly :struttin:

Return to “Small Bore”