Cz 720

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Jstocks

Cz 720

Post by Jstocks »

Has anyone shot, held, or even own one of the cz semi auto youth 20's with the adjustable length of pull?

My daughter has a Tristar 28 gauge that I'm thinking about selling and setting her up with a 20 gauge. To make a long story short, I bought the Tristar, had it drilled and tapped, and the stock cut to fit her (had a recoil pad added by a gunsmith) I keep getting in situations where the people or places I'm taking her hunting aren't real enthusiastic about the thought of someone using a gun on turkeys smaller than a 20 gauge, regardless if legal. I'm just tired of the dirty looks and arguing with people about the subject.

I figure I'll just get her a 20 and be done with it, so I'm looking. I want a semi auto youth model.

Thanks for any input.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Cz 720

Post by howl »

That's an ATI Akita stock. ATI makes adjustable stocks for various brands and models.

I have not used the CZ you asked about.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

I'll bet that 28 with TSS 9's will outshoot 99% of their lead slinging 12 gauges, If it were me I'd let her hunt the 28 and pay no mind to what other people think or say. I have a TriStar Viper G2 28 ga. and I'm here to tell you that with TSS it's good to 40 yards.........and well beyond.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

turkeyinstrut wrote: December 30th, 2017, 5:17 pm I'll bet that 28 with TSS 9's will outshoot 99% of their lead slinging 12 gauges, If it were me I'd let her hunt the 28 and pay no mind to what other people think or say. I have a TriStar Viper G2 28 ga. and I'm here to tell you that with TSS it's good to 40 yards.........and well beyond.
You and me both!

I also would carry targets and ask them if they want to bet who shoots better, her or whatever fun they are using.
Tss 28ga and her out shooting them would be like taking candy from a baby
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

The strange looks you get for carrying a small bore is one of the perks of shooting tss. :struttin: ;)
Jstocks

Post by Jstocks »

Yes, her lil gun does shoot well. However, being that I'm hunting on property with invitations from folks who look down at the idea, or participating in events where they specify no gauges smaller than 20, even though it's perfectly within the state's law to do so, I'm tired of trying to convince these folks that all is well.
On my own properties, I have no problem at all using the 28. It's just that it seems everywhere else we get invited to go, I get questioned, almost argumentatively that her 28 isn't either legal or effective.

Even to the point last year that I let another young hunter borrow the gun, only to have him told that it wasn't legal at the camp he visited, and was then handed a 20 gauge that was no doubt loaded with less effective shells than the 1.5 oz of #9 tss I had him shooting in the 28.

I just see an easier path, so I'm gonna take it
To minimize arguments while hunting with other folks.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

The sub-gauge and small shot thing has to be experienced to be believed.

Return to “Small Bore”