Yildiz410

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Yildiz410

Post by howl »

KS wrote: March 21st, 2018, 9:38 am how is the recoil on these little light guns. wanting something for my small 6 year old, but wondering if he'd be better off with a reduced recoil auto 20 or possibly a yildiz youth o/u 20
They kick pretty good. It's light compared most all turkey guns, but not compared to a deer rifle. My six year old didn't mind it until he missed a turkey with it. He was five when that happened. Now he'll tell anyone who will listen it is the worst gun in the world. I got him a youth Yildiz 20. He'll shoot it and does fine. The recoil isn't any less and it's harder for him to hold up, but its not associated with that time he picked his head up and missed a turkey.

The .410 TSS loads are as light as it gets, regardless of gauge. You can either put the same type load in a heavier gun or add weight to the .410. You could add weight to the butt where it is easier to hold and still have the lightest possible weight out from the shooter, where it is most difficult to hold. The tricky part with a young shooter is whether you get a huntable pattern without choking it. The SumToy turkey choke is tight as necessary to get what we adults would want. It throws a small pattern.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

LimbSaver AirTech Slip-On Recoil Pad in Small/Medium with half-inch thick padding fits nicely on the gun. I don't use it hunting, but for patterning and zeroing. Available at Amazon. Gil
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

You know this comes up a lot. I get the question of how many 9 out of 10 calls. I look at the patterns and think wow. I had not realy looked at the 410 until this last week. I got a long barrel O/U we been trying to get to shoot. I look at 129 nines in a 10 it did not have much in the 20. It got me to thinking. I know alot of the ones I have seen the 9.5s are nice.

Return to “Small Bore”