Yildiz Dealer's ??

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Yildiz Dealer's ??

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Thinking about buying a Yildiz 410 O/U but can't find a Yildiz dealer anywhere, any suggestions?
SpitNDrumN

Re: Yildiz Dealer's ??

Post by SpitNDrumN »

The only place you can buy them is at Academy Sports Stores. You gotta buy them in the store they do not ship. Either have to drive there or find a friend that lives close. Will buy and send by FFL to your FFL have it put in your name and pay your buddy back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

An FFL holder has to buy it and then transfer it to your FFL holder. Having an non-ffl buddy buy it is considered a "straw" purchase which is illegal (felony) because the buyer has to certify under penalty of perjury that he is buying for himself and no one else. Be careful. Gil
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Thanks Devin and Gil, Gil I am going to stop down at one of their stores in TN this Oct. on my annual trip to Pigeon Forge/Gattlinburg and pick one up, it will only be about 15 min. out of my way and I'll call down about a month in advance and have them order it
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

turkeyinstrut wrote:Thanks Devin and Gil, Gil I am going to stop down at one of their stores in TN this Oct. on my annual trip to Pigeon Forge/Gattlinburg and pick one up, it will only be about 15 min. out of my way and I'll call down about a month in advance and have them order it

If they have one in stock the day before they will hold it for 24 hours too.

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

SpitNDrumN wrote: July 25th, 2017, 9:32 pm
turkeyinstrut wrote:Thanks Devin and Gil, Gil I am going to stop down at one of their stores in TN this Oct. on my annual trip to Pigeon Forge/Gattlinburg and pick one up, it will only be about 15 min. out of my way and I'll call down about a month in advance and have them order it

If they have one in stock the day before they will hold it for 24 hours too.

I will order it plenty ahead of time, I had my dealer order a 28 ga. about a month ago and it took him 2 1/2 weeks to get it but I think the problem there was he had forgotten to order it until I called him checking on it.
xarcher

Post by xarcher »

To the OP. Academy does sell the Yildiz. But I found out the hard way that they will only sell to residents of the state and bordering states. I am a resident of PA and they would not sell me a shotgun in SC. By the way, I have stumbled on the same restriction at Bass Pro in NC. So I am not sure what state you live in, but if you are a non resident, it might be worth a phonecall to your retail store of choice and check their policy.

If anyone can explain the rationale for this policy, I'm all ears. The clerks in the store couldn't.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Allrighty then......Called a Academy Sports store down in TN and the fellow I spoke with said they couldn't get the Yildiz 410 O/U that I want yet Academy Sports is the ONLY place you can get a Yildiz gun in the U.S. I know I have seen people post on here that they had bought a Yildiz O/U 410 so my question is where did you happen to find one at??
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

turkeyinstrut wrote:Allrighty then......Called a Academy Sports store down in TN and the fellow I spoke with said they couldn't get the Yildiz 410 O/U that I want yet Academy Sports is the ONLY place you can get a Yildiz gun in the U.S. I know I have seen people post on here that they had bought a Yildiz O/U 410 so my question is where did you happen to find one at??
Not all Academy Sports store carry guns.

SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

Just got to call stores and ask.

turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

SpitNDrumN wrote: July 26th, 2017, 12:30 pm
turkeyinstrut wrote:Allrighty then......Called a Academy Sports store down in TN and the fellow I spoke with said they couldn't get the Yildiz 410 O/U that I want yet Academy Sports is the ONLY place you can get a Yildiz gun in the U.S. I know I have seen people post on here that they had bought a Yildiz O/U 410 so my question is where did you happen to find one at??
Not all Academy Sports store carry guns.

The store I spoke to carried Yildiz but only in 12 and 20 ga. They didn't even have a 410 in their computer to order one.
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

Academy runs their inventory differently than what I've expected. They keep their stock in the stores. If you order something from Academy, chances are you'll get something that was shipped from a store rather than a warehouse.

If they get in a shipment of .410 O/Us, they put them in the stores. They do not ship guns from store to store as far as I know. If you see they have them per their web site, they might have them. They have more stock than is on display. If you call and they lay their hand on it, the ones I've dealt with would hold it to the end of day.

I believe you can have a fried buy one for you and ship it to an FFL for you to pick up. The points to verify with BATFE is if it is OK for them to resell because they are not doing it to make a living, and that you will take possession only after it has gone on the FFL's book, completing a 4473 and passing a background check. ATF agents I have talked to have been easy to talk to and helpful.
xarcher

Post by xarcher »

I talked with a gun counter clerk at the Academy in Spartanburg SC a few years back and he told me that they really don't have very much control over which specific guns they get from their warehouse. It sounded like a truck shows up and they get what is on it. (This was part of the discussion I had with him weeks before he actually got one in but unfortunately would not sell it to me a Yildiz gun as a resident of PA). So my advice is if you call store X, Y and Z none of them have the gun you want, don't give up. A couple of weeks later, call them again and possibly one of the stores will eventually get one in. If a gun is on the Academy website, my understanding is that only means they carry that line as a company and it is hit and miss as to what is actually in stock at a given store.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

xarcher wrote: July 26th, 2017, 3:04 pm I talked with a gun counter clerk at the Academy in Spartanburg SC a few years back and he told me that they really don't have very much control over which specific guns they get from their warehouse. It sounded like a truck shows up and they get what is on it. (This was part of the discussion I had with him weeks before he actually got one in but unfortunately would not sell it to me a Yildiz gun as a resident of PA). So my advice is if you call store X, Y and Z none of them have the gun you want, don't give up. A couple of weeks later, call them again and possibly one of the stores will eventually get one in. If a gun is on the Academy website, my understanding is that only means they carry that line as a company and it is hit and miss as to what is actually in stock at a given store.
After some more searching I think I have found a replacement for the Yildiz, I guess ATI makes a O/U 410 with a chrome lined bore, 26" barrels, Mobil choke tubes and only weighs 4 1/4 lbs. Purdy good look'n gun and it's in the 500.00 price range.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

xarcher wrote: July 26th, 2017, 10:36 am To the OP. Academy does sell the Yildiz. But I found out the hard way that they will only sell to residents of the state and bordering states. I am a resident of PA and they would not sell me a shotgun in SC. By the way, I have stumbled on the same restriction at Bass Pro in NC. So I am not sure what state you live in, but if you are a non resident, it might be worth a phonecall to your retail store of choice and check their policy.

If anyone can explain the rationale for this policy, I'm all ears. The clerks in the store couldn't.
Same here, I live in Ohio and can buy from academy in KY or Indiana, but nowhere else
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Bout to say the hell with it, the ATI I thought I had found is more like 6 lbs. (according to ATI, I called them and asked) Does anybody have one of these in a 410 that they can give me a actual weight on? There are a few listed on GB with a weight of 4.25 lbs. so what gives here?
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 26th, 2017, 5:09 pm Bout to say the hell with it, the ATI I thought I had found is more like 6 lbs. (according to ATI, I called them and asked) Does anybody have one of these in a 410 that they can give me a actual weight on? There are a few listed on GB with a weight of 4.25 lbs. so what gives here?
I have one, and 4.25 lbs is correct. They are made in the same place the Stevens 555 O/U is made. The only thing I don't like is the chokes are only 1" long. Check with Sportsman Guide they had the best price when I got mine, and 4 months to pay!!! :thumbup:
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

The folks at ATI were not a good source of information on any question I asked. Their "Master Gunsmith" had only mastery of ignorance.
SumToy

Post by SumToy »

The ATI and Stevens both have put up good numbers. Now like 2Shooter said the choke sticks out of barrel more witch not big deal other then it can flex some (in bigger bore guns) I dont know if the 410 will. Now the Yildiz has to go to Briley for warranty. ATI or Stevens may be better or worse who know. The one thing I did not like on the Yildiz is they will not ship even to me and I am a FFL Dealer. Sad thing is how many folks have they lost sale of gun to because of it.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

Thanks to all that replied, I am going with the ATI and I have found a place that has them just like I wanted, 26" with ejectors NIB for 430.00 with free shipping. William you are exactly right, I would have bought a Yildiz but the nearest Academy Sports store is about 6 hours from me, I called a couple of their stores yesterday and even called their headquarters in TX and raised hell with them but to no avail as they absolutely will not ship one, they have to be picked up in the store.
2Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by 2Shooter »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 27th, 2017, 1:18 pm Thanks to all that replied, I am going with the ATI and I have found a place that has them just like I wanted, 26" with ejectors NIB for 430.00 with free shipping. William you are exactly right, I would have bought a Yildiz but the nearest Academy Sports store is about 6 hours from me, I called a couple of their stores yesterday and even called their headquarters in TX and raised hell with them but to no avail as they absolutely will not ship one, they have to be picked up in the store.
Get William to build you a extended choke for it!!!
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

2Shooter wrote: July 27th, 2017, 6:45 pm
turkeyinstrut wrote: July 27th, 2017, 1:18 pm Thanks to all that replied, I am going with the ATI and I have found a place that has them just like I wanted, 26" with ejectors NIB for 430.00 with free shipping. William you are exactly right, I would have bought a Yildiz but the nearest Academy Sports store is about 6 hours from me, I called a couple of their stores yesterday and even called their headquarters in TX and raised hell with them but to no avail as they absolutely will not ship one, they have to be picked up in the store.
Get William to build you a extended choke for it!!!
Probably will, 410 turkey chokes are bout non existent. :banghead:
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

You know ATI has a 28ga over .410. That would be a sweet set up.
turkeyinstrut
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by turkeyinstrut »

SpitNDrumN wrote: July 27th, 2017, 8:45 pm You know ATI has a 28ga over .410. That would be a sweet set up.
Don't be tell'n me stuff like that, I just bought a 28 ga.............................................................Do they really make a 28 over a 410???............. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angry5:
SpitNDrumN

Post by SpitNDrumN »

turkeyinstrut wrote: July 27th, 2017, 9:01 pm
SpitNDrumN wrote: July 27th, 2017, 8:45 pm You know ATI has a 28ga over .410. That would be a sweet set up.
Don't be tell'n me stuff like that, I just bought a 28 ga.............................................................Do they really make a 28 over a 410???............. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angry5:
Yep!

Return to “Small Bore”