Missed one today with TSS! (first time using TSS)

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Missed one today with TSS! (first time using TSS)

Post by GLS »

When my pulse stops quickening when one of those big Toms comes strolling in, it will be time to look for a new hobby. Gil
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

GLS wrote:When my pulse stops quickening when one of those big Toms comes strolling in, it will be time to look for a new hobby. Gil
damn right gil!!! damn right. but, ill guarantee you, it never will stop. :thumbup: oh, by the way, I punched my 6th and final tag today.
El Sicario
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

appalachianassassin wrote:
GLS wrote:When my pulse stops quickening when one of those big Toms comes strolling in, it will be time to look for a new hobby. Gil
damn right gil!!! damn right. but, ill guarantee you, it never will stop. :thumbup: oh, by the way, I punched my 6th and final tag today.
True dat. I filled just my first tag of the year yesterday, and I was so fired up after working this bird for 6+ hours that I jerked the trigger. I knew I missed even before I heard the bang. Fortunately, I'm calmer when wingshooting, so the followup shot found its mark.
JTown21

Post by JTown21 »

jotahech371 wrote:With a miss, you appreciate success. Humility is a good trait in this sport.
Well said 371,
If you hunt, fish, trap.....missing your quarry will happen. When the stars are aligned and you have blood on your hands, those misfortunes and grinding it out makes it all worth it.
Hell, I'd rather miss shooting at a bird than looking at lonesome hens and squirrels running around during my first opener. Stick with it my friend and post your success on the killthread.
poorcountrypreacher

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

In 55 years of hunting them, I've missed with lead, hevishot, and tss. I've missed with both 12 and 20 gauge. Missed with 2.75", 3", and 3.5". Missed with single barrels, double barrels, pumps, and semi-auto. I am always a threat to miss.

So don't take it too hard when it happens. :)

I will say I have missed a whole lot less since the switch to tss about 10 years ago. I can still miss with it, but it ain't the fault of the gun or the shot. However, I ALWAYS have a good excuse. It's never my fault. :)
appalachianassassin
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by appalachianassassin »

poorcountrypreacher wrote:In 55 years of hunting them, I've missed with lead, hevishot, and tss. I've missed with both 12 and 20 gauge. Missed with 2.75", 3", and 3.5". Missed with single barrels, double barrels, pumps, and semi-auto. I am always a threat to miss.

I will say I have missed a whole lot less since the switch to tss about 10 years ago. I can still miss with it, but it ain't the fault of the gun or the shot. However, I ALWAYS have a good excuse. It's never my fault. :)
:)
El Sicario
BrowningGuy88

Post by BrowningGuy88 »

poorcountrypreacher wrote:In 55 years of hunting them, I've missed with lead, hevishot, and tss. I've missed with both 12 and 20 gauge. Missed with 2.75", 3", and 3.5". Missed with single barrels, double barrels, pumps, and semi-auto. I am always a threat to miss.

I'm with you preacher!

I've missed them and killed them with every gun I've ever hunted with. Probably the most impressive misses I've ever had were with 3.5" Winchesters out of an 835 and the runner up would be the gun I've killed he most with 870 20 with 21" barrel.

If you shoot enough turkeys, you will miss eventually. When you start getting into the numbers of turkeys 100+ killed, you will still miss turkeys occasionally...

If I don't miss one a year, it ain't been a good season!

Return to “Small Bore”