who is shooting a 28 ga pump?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: who is shooting a 28 ga pump?

Post by hawglips »

I took it out yesterday after some crows and went two for two (9/16 oz of 9-1/2). The gun really feels nice. It's definitely a keeper.
Lonster

Post by Lonster »

Hal,
Which length barrel did you get?

Maybe a dumb question but...how can you tell whether or not you have a round chambered?

One more question, which would you prefer the M37 or the Franchi AL48? Im planning on adding a 28 gauge to the arsenal and ive narrowed it down to these two.

Thanks,
Lonster
hawglips
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hawglips »

I got the 28" barrel, and no, I can't tell if I got a round chambered or not, so far. Gonna have to get used to that.

I took it out on Saturday after some wood ducks. I loaded up 1/2 oz of #10s. Had an improved cylinder factory flush on it.

I shot at 4 ducks, and put all 4 on the water. Two were high overhead shots and I folded both of those up and they fell like rocks. The other two were zig zagging going away shots. I couldn't find one of them, and the other had to finish him on the water 'cause I was scared he'd swim off.

I'm really liking the gun. It handles very well.
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I check to see if loaded just as I do for a side ejector by partially sliding the forend back and looking at the bottom. It becomes second nature after using for a time or two.
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

I have been beating up the wood ducks pretty well this season with mine. Really like these scaled down pumps.

Return to “Small Bore”