Early Fathers Day

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
chipper

Early Fathers Day

Post by chipper »

Well the wife and kids have seen I've gotten into the TSS game hard, I've got my load and choke for my 12 figured out and mentioned buying another 20 gauge since the youngest son won't come off the one I built for him, Well the wife took it on herself to buy me a new 20 for Father's Day and give it to me early, it is a basic Remington 870 express with a 28 inch tube, what kinda patterns are you fellas getting with the Big 20 xl shooting strait #8 or 9's with a 28 inch barrel? I would have preferred a 21 inch but she really went out of her way to get this shotgun and surprise me and she succeeded . I'm gonna stay with it because every time I look at it it will remind me of her. Thanks fella's and appreciate your input.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Early Fathers Day

Post by Grumpy »

Pretty nice and thoughtful wife, I would get a good turkey hunting choke and that is it. Start cutting it shorter and adding the unneeded stock with the pistol grip and etc. will be not cool.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

My 870 20ga 290s low 300s using the IC .555. Your 28in barrel will probably do better
ncturkeycaller

Post by ncturkeycaller »

First off try the full that came with it. With the extra barrel length you may not even need a "turkey choke".
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

ncturkeycaller wrote:First off try the full that came with it. With the extra barrel length you may not even need a "turkey choke".
Yep Factory Full

Return to “Small Bore”