question for the Benelli gurus

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
Turkinator
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Turkinator »

On the M2 20ga will it feed 3" roll crimped shells? I.E. Hal's big 20xl? Any tips and advice appreciated
Ranger007

Re: question for the Benelli gurus

Post by Ranger007 »

Mine won't bring one of the 3" roll crimps up from the magazine tube. Haven't tried to fire one but when I load the tube with them and press the release it won't feed into the chamber. This is with the GAEP roller some others may be different.

Enough for me to go with the 2 3/4" roll crimp 1 5/8 oz of shot "stubby" load. My M2 will cycle 3" fold crimp HW#7

Left to right 2 3/4" dove load, 2 3/4 stubby, 3" HW #7, 3" fiocchi roll crimp, 3" 12 ga Hevi metal

hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

Mine has a little trouble picking up the shell when loading it but it cycles fine when I fire it ,it loads the second shell ok.
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

Nope mine want feed them roll crimped but will fire and eject them fine. I had a bunch of fiocchi 3" hulls so I actually use one as my first shot and put two 2 3/4 in the tube. They shoot to the same poi for me

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by drenalinld »

Mine did it fine after changing to Wolf spring.
mrlongbeard

Post by mrlongbeard »

Mine fed the Big 20 XL fine. I went with the Wolf spring as well because the shell would come out of battery pretty easy with any jarring or rough handling. She now will take your finger off if you're not out of the way.
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

Mine still want even with a Wolff spring. The oal carriage is too long even if I trim it to 1/8 above the osc. I wonder if there's variances between the cutout in the benellis

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

How does the wolf spring have anything to do with feeding the next shell into the chamber ?

All that wolf spring does is slam the bolt faster/harder and keeps it tighter locked down.To prevent from knocking the bolt head back and ending up with a click when you pull the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
Lonster

Post by Lonster »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote:How does the wolf spring have anything to do with feeding the next shell into the chamber ?

All that wolf spring does is slam the bolt faster/harder.

I think you answered your own question. My better-half's M2 doesn't cycle the Big 20 XL UNLESS I trim the hulls. The ones that didn't cycle, the spent hull was ejected however the next round would be on the carrier and the bolt only need a very gentle nudge for the round to load. I think a stiffer spring would solve the problem. I just loaded up a bunch of Big 20 XL STUBBY rounds and they work perfectly.

Lonster
Ranger007

Post by Ranger007 »

I have the Wolff spring and mine still won't cycle up the full 3" hull roll crimped.
WV Ridge Reaper
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by WV Ridge Reaper »

I know I did,was just curious to the response I'd get back.

Since we have the Benelli gang in here....Does anyone have trouble loading a shell into the tube via carrier ?

I have had this happen with both my 12 and 20 m2s don't matter if it is factory loads or hand loads

You go to put the shell in and about a quarter or half way the shell just stops..Push all you want but it won't go in.

I have noticed if I rack the bolt back and lock it,throw the shell in the chamber throw the bolt forward then load the rest in the carrier to the tube,they seem to go in fine

The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword
Ranger007

Post by Ranger007 »

WV Ridge Reaper wrote:I know I did,was just curious to the response I'd get back.

Since we have the Benelli gang in here....Does anyone have trouble loading a shell into the tube via carrier ?

I have had this happen with both my 12 and 20 m2s don't matter if it is factory loads or hand loads

You go to put the shell in and about a quarter or half way the shell just stops..Push all you want but it won't go in.

I have noticed if I rack the bolt back and lock it,throw the shell in the chamber throw the bolt forward then load the rest in the carrier to the tube,they seem to go in fine

That's odd never had that happen yet with the M2. I usually put 2 in the tube hit the red button then rack the bolt then put another in the tube.
REN

Post by REN »

WV I've had it happen with my 12 and 20 benelli. Not sure the cause and it's always random when it happens but it sucks. I had one so stuck one time I wasn't sure I was gonna get it back out without tools lol

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

Sent from my phone sucka

Return to “Small Bore”