Tristar setter s/t .410?

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
chris30br

Tristar setter s/t .410?

Post by chris30br »

Do any one have this gun or know anything about them.. Can't make up my mind between it and the yildiz over under.. Gonna use it with tss
Chris
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Tristar setter s/t .410?

Post by Waddle Whacker »

I have one of the .410 Yildiz O/U's. I think the wood is prettier on the Yildiz...if you care about that. I really like the little gun. Mine is not quite up to par at 40yds for turkeys, but close....need to have a choke made. It fits, points, and swings well for me. I've used it a good bit to quail hunt and dove hunt. I know DC1 has one that shoots better than mine....and kills turkeys!
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

I have the Tristar Hunter EX .410 O/U and love it for a turkey gun. Was able to get 2 briley turkey chokes for it and it is a true killer.

Looks to be very similar to the Setter other than the weight on the hunter is slightly less.
chris30br

Post by chris30br »

Jamey wrote:I have the Tristar Hunter EX .410 O/U and love it for a turkey gun. Was able to get 2 briley turkey chokes for it and it is a true killer.

Looks to be very similar to the Setter other than the weight on the hunter is slightly less.
Which of the briley chokes are u using.. I don't see a turkey listed on the website.. It just shows X-full. Comp-n-choke also makes chokes for them.. I have a local gun shop that has the tristar setter on the shelf brand new for $499
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

I just looked at them and they are the XFull. That's a good price. I think I paid 570 for my Hunter.
turkey_slayer

Tristar setter s/t .410?

Post by turkey_slayer »

My cousin has the complete set of tristar hunters ex. The 410 and 28 are pretty sweet. Light and well balanced. Never ran any tss thru them tho. I don't think any of them have been shot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
turkey_slayer

Tristar setter s/t .410?

Post by turkey_slayer »

Jamey how is your poa/poi with the tristar?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Return to “Small Bore”