Help with M2 336 mount with FF3

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
tubecaller10

Help with M2 336 mount with FF3

Post by tubecaller10 »

okay guys i have an M2 already drilled and tapped for an EGW benelli rail. It works fine with the FF3 but just way to much rail for the small FF3. Love the idea of the 336 mount but don't really understand how it works. Can I buy a 336 base, tap 1 more hole to where an original hole and a new hole will be spaced for a 336? Also i let my buddy drill and tap my gun and don't think he used a 6/48 drill bit. Does that matter as well? I am trying to work all of the kinks out before purchasing a 336 mount. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the set up as of now.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
poorcountrypreacher

Re: Help with M2 336 mount with FF3

Post by poorcountrypreacher »

Yes, you could tap one more hole and use one of the existing holes. The 336 uses a size 8 screw. The mount you have now is probably a 6, but it could be drilled out and retapped. Of course, that will make it impossible to use the mount you have now if you should ever want to use it again, but I'm sure you could drill a bigger hole in it and adapt it to size 8. I'd do as you planned and drill one new hole, modify another, then put a filler screw in the extra hole. Good luck!
tubecaller10

Post by tubecaller10 »

poorcountrypreacher wrote:Yes, you could tap one more hole and use one of the existing holes. The 336 uses a size 8 screw. The mount you have now is probably a 6, but it could be drilled out and retapped. Of course, that will make it impossible to use the mount you have now if you should ever want to use it again, but I'm sure you could drill a bigger hole in it and adapt it to size 8. I'd do as you planned and drill one new hole, modify another, then put a filler screw in the extra hole. Good luck!
So i would need an 8/40 drill and tap set not a 6/48?
tubecaller10

Post by tubecaller10 »

Also, how does it secure to the 336 mount without the picatinny adapter?
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

tubecaller10 wrote:Also, how does it secure to the 336 mount without the picatinny adapter?
The sight is screwed directly to the 336 base. That's why it's so low profile. Yes you will need a 8-40 tap
pullit
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pullit »

The hole spacing on a 336 mount is .5" (1/2"). If your rail already has that spacing you are good to go, just open up the holes you already have at that spacing and re-tap.
I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have no need for a 30-06, I have a shotgun

Return to “Small Bore”