FF 3 or Docter on an M2

Talk about 20 28 gauge & .410 bore shotguns here.
drenalinld
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

FF 3 or Docter on an M2

Post by drenalinld »

Anyone use either of these optics on an M2 20? If so, how do you like it and how did you mount it?
slickyboyboo
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: FF 3 or Docter on an M2

Post by slickyboyboo »

drenalinld wrote:Anyone use either of these optics on an M2 20? If so, how do you like it and how did you mount it?
I think they are both almost identical, and can actually use the same mounts. I could be mistaken, and if I am, someone correct me. I think several have D&T the receiver, and used the 336 mount to get it down low.

Also Vortex has a couple of new reflex sights that are very similar, but are covered by a lifetime warranty, electronics and all.
Raising my carbon footprint, one bag of charcoal at a time!
turkey_slayer

Post by turkey_slayer »

I was thinking what slicky said but could be wrong
Earl

Post by Earl »

Several of the boys here in NC are running M2 20GA with the FF-III on the Marlin-336 mount, all I have talked with really like that set up. Need to drill and tap the receiver for the mount, should be located as far back on the receiver as feasible (just in front of the "arrow" where the ridges start leading to the ventilated rib). My dad has a FF-II he placed on the 336 mount on a 12GA Winchester super X-2, been very dependable for several years now with great battery life. I think the FF with the 336 mount is the best sighting system I have seen as it sits right down on the receiver and is very sturdy.

Return to “Small Bore”