Hevi Shot Hevi Metal Turkey

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Hevi Shot Hevi Metal Turkey

Post by guesswho »

I know I'm slow so I'll keep checking back :scratch:
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

That stuff will be a joke on the hunter shooting it in alot of hunts :violent1:

brian
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

GOLD HUNTER wrote:That stuff will be a joke on the hunter shooting it in alot of hunts :violent1:

brian
I think its a marketing gimmick.. I think they have done fairly well sales wise with their Hevi Metal Waterfowl.. I think they are trying to utilize the Hevi Metal name to convince these waterfowlers to give it a whirl for turkey..

Plus sales will remain stagnant with a stagnant product line and after the unveil of of 7s and mag blends a few years back they needed something flashy to regenerate interest.
Stinky J Picklestein
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Stinky J Picklestein »

It sounds like a ploy to sell less expensive ammo to folks required to hunt with non-toxic shot who don't want to spend $4+ dollars per shell. Serious shooters will pay the price...but I doubt that someone cheap enough to buy these won't just use regular ol' steel shot anyway.
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

That will probly be a short run. Then again the squealin hen has made it this far.
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

The pro has spoke :turkeywave: :struttin:
spiderman

Post by spiderman »

worthless junk
blueridgegobbler

Post by blueridgegobbler »

Heck if they keep changing the density of the hevi 13 everything they make will be a joke if federal would bring heavyweight out in something other than a stupid flight control wad they would put more of a hurt on hevi shot. I have shot a few ducks with hevi metal turkey but its no turkey load.
ccleroy

Post by ccleroy »

Buddy of mine picked some up unbeknownst to me last week, he shot this bird at 35 yards this past Sunday.....flat smashed him.

ccleroy

Post by ccleroy »

But, its half steel, I hate steel
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

Hmmmm, maybe something to this then!
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

blueridgegobbler wrote:Heck if they keep changing the density of the hevi 13 everything they make will be a joke if federal would bring heavyweight out in something other than a stupid flight control wad they would put more of a hurt on hevi shot. I have shot a few ducks with hevi metal turkey but its no turkey load.
this^

if they would ditch the flopcontrol, they would dominate

looked at the cost for the Fed HW 7's 20ga today @ Gander Mntn 27 bucks! :violent1: morons
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

hoobilly wrote:
blueridgegobbler wrote:Heck if they keep changing the density of the hevi 13 everything they make will be a joke if federal would bring heavyweight out in something other than a stupid flight control wad they would put more of a hurt on hevi shot. I have shot a few ducks with hevi metal turkey but its no turkey load.
this^

if they would ditch the flopcontrol, they would dominate

looked at the cost for the Fed HW 7's 20ga today @ Gander Mntn 27 bucks! :violent1: morons
Dang,... that is right at where a TSS load is,.... and there ain't no comparison!!!!
pedro
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by pedro »

Two falls ago my buddy killed one with 1 1/8 #4 steel duck load. Does not take any thing special in a 12ga to kill a turkey at 35yards. More marketing to the masses they read hevi, and think it is the next best thing.
ccleroy

Post by ccleroy »

pedro wrote:Two falls ago my buddy killed one with 1 1/8 #4 steel duck load. Does not take any thing special in a 12ga to kill a turkey at 35yards. More marketing to the masses they read hevi, and think it is the next best thing.
True, never said it did......how we ever did it at 40 with straight lead loads is beyond me.....lol......I question the logic behind half hevi/steel loads though.....I shoot hevi metal duck hunting and it's decent but a turkey load....NO!
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

hoobilly wrote:
You cannot judge anything by Ganders prices, their closeouts bring them down to everyone elses everyday pricing.. Was gonna buy the normal size bottle of Hoppes the other day there.. 7 dollars :shock: 3 bucks at Wally world
Waddle Whacker
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Waddle Whacker »

That's a bloody mess. I don't think I've ever caused that much noticable trauma with any load at that distance. I think I'll stick to my TSS.
Feel, don't think. Trust your instincts.
Trex18

Post by Trex18 »

Do you guys think they will ever come out with the LB's shells for a 10ga? I currently shoot 4's and 5's feds flight control wad, 2oz or 2 1/4, out of my kicks and was just wondering about the Wins LBs?
mossy835

Post by mossy835 »

Saw a picture of a turkey shot in the throat a couple of years ago almost completely removed its craw and head (measured 35 plus yards). I emailed him down in Florida and he is sold on them said his patterns well and hits like a mule kicks! But I have not tried them yet as I am still shooting my Cabelas closeout Mag Blends from a few years ago.

Return to “Big Bore”