suggestions for a first time shotgun buyer

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: suggestions for a first time shotgun buyer

Post by Johndoe »

Si

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that
gaswamp

Post by gaswamp »

42grand wrote:

what Model Remington single shot?[/quote]

i found out it's actually a Montgomery Ward, Western Field bought in the 60's. don't know why i thought it was a remington.

so i went to bass pro today to see what they had...i'm really leaning towards that benelli. i agree with ya jughead about the mass produced 870's. most everyone i talk to say that the older guns are better built (of course) and with a produced number of 11 million+, the quality had dropped. the other shotgun i found was the browning bps. it was a solid well built wooden stock gun. its definitely on the list now. i really like the looks of the browning, the feel of the nova and the versatility of the 870. decisions, decisions...[/quote]

more than likely a Stevens 94...would make a great specialized Turkey gun especially with a little customization.
42grand

Post by 42grand »

I am really appreciating all the input guys. Its funny how since I have started looking for guns, it's all I can think about!
42grand

Post by 42grand »

So I believe I am going to go with the benelli. I really like the feel of the 870 but I think the nova may be the better setup for me. What are some setups you guys are using? I am not rushing out to buy a new one right away because I want to make sure I get a good deal and I'm not in a hurry. Where can I get a camo covered one?
Johndoe
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Johndoe »

Sports Authority, Academy Sports, BPS, Cabelas, online.

There are no numbers on any of my clocks below 8. Then all of a sudden, 2 days before turkey season they appear. Then right after the season they disappear.
What's up with that

Return to “Big Bore”