Ithaca shotguns

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
YellaJacket

Ithaca shotguns

Post by YellaJacket »

Seeing how these folks have been around awhile I wanted yooz guyz opinion on feel and function and customer service. Have been kicking around the idea if getting a new one. Wasn't sure if the quality was still there. Are these guns 100% American made at their own shop or do they have some third world country parts being imported?
outlaw

Re: Ithaca shotguns

Post by outlaw »

The guy allen that hunts with me from ohio that you met got a new one and loves it :thumbup:
Sloppy_Snood

Post by Sloppy_Snood »

100% CNC machined American-sourced steel & labor. No foreign outsourcing whatsoever.

100% made in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. 8-) About $650 to $850 for the field shotguns (sans 28GA). :thumbup:

Fact: Ithaca Gun Company holds the tightest tolerances IN THE INDUSTRY. A "no disappointments purchase."

LINK: How Ithaca Makes Shotguns (Click Here)

....and if you are interested in a little something $1288 "extra special",,,,,

LINK: Gunworks/Ithaca Pro Stock Target Shotgun (Click Here)

You will find none sweeter. A lifetime firearm.
Last edited by Sloppy_Snood on August 22nd, 2012, 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?"- Bernadette Peters
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

My 20 ga 37 was stolen...

I had 2 Benelli SBE's stolen...I sure wish they would have left my Ithaca for me. thats how much I loved it.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

The Ithaca M37 is my favorite shotgun. I have a 1949 M37R 16, a 1959 M37 16 and a M37 20 (1957). I have 2 of the Upper Sandusky guns, a 28 gauge and 20 gauge TurkeySlayer. The new company is a worthy steward of the Ithaca brand. A word about customer service: it should be the industry standard. I had an issue with the 28 gauge. I called Zak at customer service (call, don't email) and he emailed a UPS shipping label at Ithaca's cost, gun was sent and the matter was resolved. Ithaca wants your business and treats customers like they should be treated. The 20 gauge TS weighs more than I like, but the quality is there. The Kings Ferry version is more desirable to me because of less weight and it breaks down easily. The new TS's have permanently installed barrels.
The regular models are the best pumps currently made. The basic design has been in continuous production since 1921 when Remington introduced it as the M17. Because CNC is used in making all parts, including the trigger group, there is no need for anyone to stone the sears. The trigger is crisp with no creep. The new M37s weigh more than the old guns. Modern steel and heavier barrels for threading Briley chokes make up the weight. No plastic anywhere. The guns are more expensive than any other pump, but you get what you pay for. If you are serious about buying one, get your local gunshop to order one. It doesn't have to be on the approved list. Otherwise, a direct sale from Ithaca will cost you MSRP. They do this to encourage dealer sales, if they undercut the dealer, that would be bad for business. You should save some money by buying from a local dealer. My 28 and 20 TS:
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

outlaw wrote:The guy allen that hunts with me from ohio that you met got a new one and loves it :thumbup:
Its been like 5 years since I had anything to say to you. Im not sure who you are talking about.
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

hoobilly wrote:My 20 ga 37 was stolen...

I had 2 Benelli SBE's stolen...I sure wish they would have left my Ithaca for me. thats how much I loved it.
Talk about warpath...I hope they turn up again. :banghead:
TS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by TS »

Ithica makes a fine shotgun!
"Better being 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late"
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

YellaJacket wrote:
outlaw wrote:The guy allen that hunts with me from ohio that you met got a new one and loves it :thumbup:
Its been like 5 years since I had anything to say to you. Im not sure who you are talking about.
its been over 5 close to 6 he was guy with long hair and beard matter a fact he asked the other nite if you still sold calls at that time you were just starting and had a few mouth calls that were white and a few boxes you were making
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Do you guys know if its possible to get a set of 12's with the serial numbers running in sequence if you ordered from factory? My dad was wondering about that..we had talked about getting a set made together. That's probably a shot in the dark but figured i'd throw it out.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

I don't see why you couldn't get consecutive #'s

just make sure yours say #1 Son lol
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

Call Ithaca and ask to speak with Zak. Email is not reliable. I bet it can be done. Gil
GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

dbl post
Last edited by GLS on July 28th, 2012, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

Hoobilly...I hear ya man. :lol:

GLS.. Thanks for the point. I will ask for that person.
FOX FIRE

Post by FOX FIRE »

A local pawn shop had a turkey slayer on the shelf for a good while, I always gave it a good look'n over but didnt bite, wish I had now.

During the time I was debating I dug up some good info on them, I found a an article written on them & it stated "they were desinged/built with a excessively long forcing cone on both ends of the barrel to promate a better than average shot patteren", next time I catch one at the pawn shop I'm all over it like a fat kid on a stolen peanut butter & jelly samige.
When I was just a baby my mama told me son, always be a good boy & dont ever play with guns.

Return to “Big Bore”