H&R Single Shot 10 Ga

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
davisd9
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

H&R Single Shot 10 Ga

Post by davisd9 »

Thinking about getting one. My buddy dirt road ninja fixed up his BPS 10 ga and got me to thinking how much I would like to kill a bird with a 10 ga, just to say I have done it. They seem reasonably priced for this one time type affair, may carry it when I get the urge but I am married to my 835 and am committed to her. :D

Was just wondering if others have one and what their opinion is on them? I would like the 26" barrel model. Thanks!
GOLD HUNTER
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: H&R Single Shot 10 Ga

Post by GOLD HUNTER »

:thumbup:
LET'S GO TROUT FISHING
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

ive shot one its brutal
gophert
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by gophert »

outlaw wrote:ive shot one its brutal
:thumbup:
hunter22

Post by hunter22 »

I have a BPS 10 gauge I used some this spring. I took two gobblers with it. I shoot Nitro H210 4X5X7s in it and it is devestating. I put a Leupold NWTF 1x4 scope on it and anything out to 60 yards is dead if I do my part. I have recently bought some straight 7 Nitros and anxious to pattern them.
YellaJacket

Post by YellaJacket »

If you thinking on 10 ga..at least get a bps..you will probably get hooked on it
outlaw

Post by outlaw »

i would like to have a auto 10 like the on yellajacket posted on here i like the brownings more than the sp10 remmy never held one personnaly just like the way they look :thumbup:
dirt road ninja

Post by dirt road ninja »

Bro, ya welcome to mine as long as it takes you to kill a couple. A weekend or a season. I'll probably hunt with the 20 gauge most of the year. I completely understand the getting another gun though.
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Shooter »

My father had one and loved it, till I bought him a BPS, and then a Browning Auto.
I didn't care much for it, to this day, it is the only shotgun that has completely knocked my hat off,...fowardly.
He took a double with it, so it had a sweet spot in his heart, even though I kept telling him, it was garbage,...lol
Trex18

Post by Trex18 »

Hello Boys,

I am currently shooting a HR 10 with a Colonial cut 865x44 thread pattern out of a Kicks .695.
I shot the fed 3.5 FCW 5s. I have some $ but not a ton and was just wondering if anyone else has tested anything out of this gun with a kicks, if so any info would be great. Thanks.

I guess I am asking should I search for the shell to fit the choke or another choke?

I love a bruised shoulder....
hookedspur
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by hookedspur »

NO ! To heavy and kicks to hard for an old man ! Cant help ya sorry.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

I have one, killed a bird or two with it but it is retired now.
Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
watchemflop

Post by watchemflop »

Trex18 wrote:Hello Boys,

I am currently shooting a HR 10 with a Colonial cut 865x44 thread pattern out of a Kicks .695.
I shot the fed 3.5 FCW 5s. I have some $ but not a ton and was just wondering if anyone else has tested anything out of this gun with a kicks, if so any info would be great. Thanks.

I guess I am asking should I search for the shell to fit the choke or another choke?

I love a bruised shoulder....
If you could find some nitros they patterned great though my 695 kicks.
guesswho
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by guesswho »

Double Naught Spy!
RCD's Owner----------------Badonka Deke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff-------------Lighter Than HTL Shooter
The Storm Whistle Prostaff
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey Calls Prostaff
TrumpetMan

Post by TrumpetMan »

When I was young and .......... I shot one of these. Used to fill the stock with fine shot to cut down on the recoil.

When I got a little older and smarter I left the H&R 10 behind!
"I'd really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" - Tom Kelly :struttin:
treeguy338

Post by treeguy338 »

I have one with a kicks .690, mine likes the Winchester 5s better than the fcw 5s. I haven't gotten to try them yet but a lot of people told me for that gun with a kicks the federal hw 7s are the best
Trex18

Post by Trex18 »

I'm going to try the Wins HW7s this year, Kicks says not to shot HW shells out of the GT choke but I don't think it will hurt. Ive heard of quite a few guys that do it. I would love it the Win LB XR came out in a 10 but that's ...um....I dunno.

Second question. I built a bipod for it ....I have the Long Barrel one! aka the "Gas Pipe"....does anyone know where I can find a pistol grip or thumbhole stock that would fit this gun? Thanks guys.
snapper1982

Post by snapper1982 »

Win don't make hw7. Any after market stock for an H&R.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/FindAStoc ... F&Finish=1
Tail Feathers

Post by Tail Feathers »

Just drive around until you find a mule and let him kick you in the shoulder. Same concept ain't it? :D
Turkey fanatic :turkeywave:
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Grumpy »

Not for this brittle old dude, I'll keep at it with my Remington youth 20 ga. seem to do the trick with 1 shot 1 kill, don't get any better than that.
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Trex18

Post by Trex18 »

Yes your right, I don't know why I said Win HW7, I meant to say Fed MagShok HW 6s or 7s. Sorry about that.

On the thumbhole or pistol grip stock, I was look at a few after market for HRs Shot guns but I think they Universally fit all HR guns except for the 10. I could be wrong. Guess I call.
snapper1982

Post by snapper1982 »

I don't know why they wouldn't fit the 10 gauge. They have the same receiver and use the same screw to hold the butt on.
Trex18

Post by Trex18 »

Is there a size difference? as in width? I don't own a Single shot 12 or I could compare...
I noticed on Boydstocks there were round tag receiver old style I guess and a new style I would have to look.
snapper1982

Post by snapper1982 »

The receiver should be the same. Never heard of them making a different size for a 10 gauge. Never tried to swap a 10 barrel but I have had 410-12 gauge on the same receiver and the ultra slug 12 gauge is actually a 10 gauge blank. I have handled several of the 10 and they all appeared to be the same size receiver as the other gauges.
Trex18

Post by Trex18 »

snapper1982 wrote:The receiver should be the same. Never heard of them making a different size for a 10 gauge. Never tried to swap a 10 barrel but I have had 410-12 gauge on the same receiver and the ultra slug 12 gauge is actually a 10 gauge blank. I have handled several of the 10 and they all appeared to be the same size receiver as the other gauges.

Mucho Gracious. I will try it out. Do you happen to know what the difference to look for in the "Modern Style knuckle" or "Round Tang" in these two......

Return to “Big Bore”